Dashboard Lost Widgets And More

medfordite

Question

22 answers to this question

Now this is just wierd....reloaded the page and it was back to normal.

Funny thing is, I cleared cache, used different browsers etc to see if it was my issue before I made this post.

I turned off hotlink protection in Cloudflare (where I am holding the site's DNS until later in September).  Went back to the dashboard and refreshed, it still didn't load right.  I highly doubt Blesta would be hotlinking so I am not counting the Cloudflare hotlink protection as a culprit. 

I then went in about 5 minutes ago and refreshed the page, and is loading the way it should. 

Now this is just wierd....reloaded the page and it was back to normal.

Funny thing is, I cleared cache, used different browsers etc to see if it was my issue before I made this post.

I turned off hotlink protection in Cloudflare (where I am holding the site's DNS until later in September).  Went back to the dashboard and refreshed, it still didn't load right.  I highly doubt Blesta would be hotlinking so I am not counting the Cloudflare hotlink protection as a culprit. 

I then went in about 5 minutes ago and refreshed the page, and is loading the way it should. 

Good news mate, yeah Cloudflare is good for some things and others it's not, which is why I don't use it myself haha.

I do have caching set up - but the thing is -it would have not changed as the dashboard would not have changed it's layout from day 1 of being installed (V.3.).  Also, since it is using a cached version, it would not reflect whatever glitch happened. 

On a semi-related note and maybe this might be an issue  -

My System Overview Widget is wrong - It has not refreshed any data since I migrated.  In other words, I created a test order, let it go pending as a customer in my test account.  I then cancelled the pending order, but it still shows as a Pending order in the system.   Also, active users are showing as myself (as a customer, myself as the admin and another client which i KNOW has never logged in and was me testing her login - Long Story Short - my hosting mostly consists of clients I have done web design for and set up their billing accounts for them too).  This has not changed in the last couple of weeks. 

All other widgets work fine though.

I do have caching set up - but the thing is -it would have not changed as the dashboard would not have changed it's layout from day 1 of being installed (V.3.).  Also, since it is using a cached version, it would not reflect whatever glitch happened. 

On a semi-related note and maybe this might be an issue  -

My System Overview Widget is wrong - It has not refreshed any data since I migrated.  In other words, I created a test order, let it go pending as a customer in my test account.  I then cancelled the pending order, but it still shows as a Pending order in the system.   Also, active users are showing as myself (as a customer, myself as the admin and another client which i KNOW has never logged in and was me testing her login - Long Story Short - my hosting mostly consists of clients I have done web design for and set up their billing accounts for them too).  This has not changed in the last couple of weeks. 

All other widgets work fine though.

I'm just wondering if CloudFlare went a bit haywire when cacheing it and somehow cached a half loaded version without the style sheet and then after so many hours it reset its self as it is set to.

Blesta is very dynamic, and a lot of things shouldn't be cached. Blesta does some of its own caching, if your cache directory is writable. I'm not that familiar with Cloudflare (though they are great guys, and we've met some of them) but if there's an option to disable caching for Blesta I'd do it and see if that corrects many of these issues.

During the middle of this month, I am moving away from Cloudflare as I won't be needing them anymore.  I transferred my domain to a registrar which I thought would be good about handling vanity nameservers, but they weren't so once the transfer restriction delay passes, I am moving to a new registrar to fix this. ;)

I will see if that helps then as far as the non-updating widgets. 

I wanted to update things - Cloudflare is no longer serving the DNS records or caching things and I have since moved to a different registrar.  The dashboard still shows a pending order (From when 3.0 was released and I did a test order)  even there is none and not much changes in the dashboard, names of users that have evern been in there show as well.  Not that it is an issue to see them as recent users, but even after release of 3.0 the still show?  Is there a timer for such a thing to expire out that I am missing?

dash.png

Either way - I am not seeing it update.  ALSO - I know I probably should put this in a new post, but as an FYI - trial license expired on the 13th, and it didn't flag the site's installation.  Not sure if this is an intentional thing or if it might have something to do with this issue as well? 

During the middle of this month, I am moving away from Cloudflare as I won't be needing them anymore.  I transferred my domain to a registrar which I thought would be good about handling vanity nameservers, but they weren't so once the transfer restriction delay passes, I am moving to a new registrar to fix this. ;)

I will see if that helps then as far as the non-updating widgets. 

CloudFlare may or may not have been involved in this issue, but they certainly aren't the Cadillac of CDNs. EdgeCast and Akamai seem to be the best CDN options going still. However, my company is releasing our CDN in the near future, which will run on the PEER1 network with 6 NA PoPs and 1 UK PoP to start. Our offering will be technologically more similar to EdgeCast and Akamai than CloudFlare but will not require nearly as much cost for the customer; we will be friendly to customers with low volume. In fact, our CDN has a design advantage over all of these guys which specifically targets low volume/traffic customers. With the aforementioned CDNs, it will return home to the origin if no one has made a request for the resource near that PoP recently. With our CDN that will only happen on the very first request, after which the CDN will retain the cache until the cache headers expire, and then it will just update the cache, not delete it. This tremendously helps with the performance of low-volume websites which may not have people requesting their site from all over the world very frequently. With the more traditional CDNs, the performance improvement for low-traffic websites is often negligible, therefore it's usually not even worth it to add CDN to the mix. We intend to change that, because we believe that all websites, big or small, should be able to affordably benefit from distributed content delivery via BGP Anycast.

Regardless, I don't usually add any caching to the admin sections of web apps because it's generally not worth the effort anyway. I would recommend the same to anyone.

As for a registrar whom handles vanity name servers, you may want to consider us. (CheapoDomains.biz) Not only are we priced competitively, but we support custom/vanity name servers for free. (as well as free DNS management, email accounts and privacy protection) You can easily configure the vanity name servers from your customer control panel once you've transferred/registered a domain with us. But, if you have any trouble, you can rely on friendly and knowledgeable support from myself or my staff. (always English-speaking Americans)

Try this file.

This is a working edit, as I lost my overview / billing page because I edited it wrong before.

No - it doesn't fix the issue.  Did a refresh of my browser, and tried different ones too which haven ot accessed the admin area. 

CloudFlare may or may not have been involved in this issue, but they certainly aren't the Cadillac of CDNs. EdgeCast and Akamai seem to be the best CDN options going still. However, my company is releasing our CDN in the near future, which will run on the PEER1 network with 6 NA PoPs and 1 UK PoP to start. Our offering will be technologically more similar to EdgeCast and Akamai than CloudFlare but will not require nearly as much cost for the customer; we will be friendly to customers with low volume. In fact, our CDN has a design advantage over all of these guys which specifically targets low volume/traffic customers. With the aforementioned CDNs, it will return home to the origin if no one has made a request for the resource near that PoP recently. With our CDN that will only happen on the very first request, after which the CDN will retain the cache until the cache headers expire, and then it will just update the cache, not delete it. This tremendously helps with the performance of low-volume websites which may not have people requesting their site from all over the world very frequently. With the more traditional CDNs, the performance improvement for low-traffic websites is often negligible, therefore it's usually not even worth it to add CDN to the mix. We intend to change that, because we believe that all websites, big or small, should be able to affordably benefit from distributed content delivery via BGP Anycast.

Regardless, I don't usually add any caching to the admin sections of web apps because it's generally not worth the effort anyway. I would recommend the same to anyone.

As for a registrar whom handles vanity name servers, you may want to consider us. (CheapoDomains.biz) Not only are we priced competitively, but we support custom/vanity name servers for free. (as well as free DNS management, email accounts and privacy protection) You can easily configure the vanity name servers from your customer control panel once you've transferred/registered a domain with us. But, if you have any trouble, you can rely on friendly and knowledgeable support from myself or my staff. (always English-speaking Americans)

As I have just switched out of my old registrar via transfer, I am locked for 60 days anyway so switching to you won't work at least on the immediate term. :) 

The only caching I have turned on in the server is Memcache, don't know if this would do anything, but doubt it.  I am running on a SSD based system so no need really for as heavy caching anyway. 

No - it doesn't fix the issue.  Did a refresh of my browser, and tried different ones too which haven ot accessed the admin area. 

As I have just switched out of my old registrar via transfer, I am locked for 60 days anyway so switching to you won't work at least on the immediate term. :)

The only caching I have turned on in the server is Memcache, don't know if this would do anything, but doubt it.  I am running on a SSD based system so no need really for as heavy caching anyway. 

Not sure then :(