v4.0 fresh install > blank screen

eisbär

Question

I'm trying to do a fresh install of 4.0, passed minimum/recommended requirements and after adding database, user and pass info click install but only get a blank white page.  I have ionCube installed as well.

I am using a mac or ipad for installation, could this be part of it?

Any and all input greatly appreciated.

12 answers to this question

9 hours ago, eisbär said:

Increased the values of php mysql and times without success.  Very unfortunate.

Do you have error reporting turned ON....white page can throw out for many reasons but first you shoud turn on error reporting on,also when posting issues it is recommended to post as many information you can..like PHP version,OS,control panel(if use any).If PHP errors reporting is off you'll get white page for any error...this ofcourse is not white page..there is error just you can see it.But if you have error reporting is ON and you still get white page than in most case it is rellated to PHP max_execution time(90 minimal for priduction),PHP script_max_memory(min for blesta is recom. 128mb)...it ca be also related to PHP version..ion cube version..ofcourse those are only most common problems but it can be related to many other things.But first make sure error reporting is ON...

3 hours ago, Licensecart said:

:s weird is it shared hosting or vps? OS / PHP / Mysql / CloudLinux? do you have join.me or google remote?

VPS running Centros 7.3 x86_64 Virtuozzo WHM 62.0 (build 17)

After a long frustrating day dxing this I'm going to use Terminl to get this installed and fired up.

Thanks for the input and have a great week

2 hours ago, Nelsa said:

Do you have error reporting turned ON....white page can throw out for many reasons but first you shoud turn on error reporting on,also when posting issues it is recommended to post as many information you can..like PHP version,OS,control panel(if use any).If PHP errors reporting is off you'll get white page for any error...this ofcourse is not white page..there is error just you can see it.But if you have error reporting is ON and you still get white page than in most case it is rellated to PHP max_execution time(90 minimal for priduction),PHP script_max_memory(min for blesta is recom. 128mb)...it ca be also related to PHP version..ion cube version..ofcourse those are only most common problems but it can be related to many other things.But first make sure error reporting is ON...

Error reporting is on and nothing reported probably since the installer failed to even "begin" the install.

Thanks for the input, going for a command lone installation.

3 hours ago, eisbär said:

Error reporting is on and nothing reported probably since the installer failed to even "begin" the install.

Thanks for the input, going for a command lone installation.

Did a CLI installation work for you? White screens of death usually indicate an error of some kind. Even without enabling error reporting in /config/blesta.php (since it doesn't exit) you should be able to configure php.ini to write errors to a log file. I'd be interested to see what your php error log and httpd logs look like for those requests.

On 3/27/2017 at 11:07 AM, Paul said:

Did a CLI installation work for you? White screens of death usually indicate an error of some kind. Even without enabling error reporting in /config/blesta.php (since it doesn't exit) you should be able to configure php.ini to write errors to a log file. I'd be interested to see what your php error log and httpd logs look like for those requests.

Sorry to take so long getting back to you.  No the CLI install did not work either and tried to install via browser today and captured the following error:

[28-Mar-2017 21:31:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  The file /home/xxx/public_html/services/app/models/license.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

The version of Blesta I downloaded was the 4.0 link from the downloads page via client area.

Hope this helps.

56 minutes ago, eisbär said:

[28-Mar-2017 21:31:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  The file /home/xxx/public_html/services/app/models/license.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

You need to apply the hotfix. In the zip file, there's a hotfix-php7 directory that contains 3 files. Overwrite the ones that you're using with these, and retry. That should work for you on PHP 7.0.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

You need to apply the hotfix. In the zip file, there's a hotfix-php7 directory that contains 3 files. Overwrite the ones that you're using with these, and retry. That should work for you on PHP 7.0.

Thanks Paul, this got me to the next level now have a new issue - invalid license key, I've submitted a ticket through my client area.  Thanks for the great support getting me to this point.

- Scott

31 minutes ago, eisbär said:

Thanks Paul, this got me to the next level now have a new issue - invalid license key, I've submitted a ticket through my client area.  Thanks for the great support getting me to this point.

- Scott

I updated your ticket, sounds like you just need to re-issue your license key.