Can I Schedule Mass Mailer

mlsto

Question

17 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Licensecart said:

It sends about maximum of 30 every 5 minutes I believe with the cron job, so if the server goes down it knows where it was.

from where you have get this info ?

4 hours ago, mlsto said:

Hello

It looks like when you use mass mailer it sends all emails one time which can get me blocked. Is there a way to use it say sending a few emails per minute.

Thank you

look this thread

17 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

I could be wrong but I've never had issues when I've sent mails and it went up in 30's when I sent 287 due to my email issues.

i just was asking if Blesta has introduced the feature, i have not yest tested the mass mailer in my big production server (about 5000 clients), but i can't use it until i'm sure the batch is added ( or maybe i will try to add the feature myself) . 287 emails is not a big number to be fair from blocking or spam filters . in blesta addons i test it without issue as the emails numbers sent is so small .

20 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

i just was asking if Blesta has introduced the feature, i have not yest tested the mass mailer in my big production server (about 5000 clients), but i can't use it until i'm sure the batch is added ( or maybe i will try to add the feature myself) . 287 emails is not a big number to be fair from blocking or spam filters . in blesta addons i test it without issue as the emails numbers sent is so small .

Ah the guys haven't changed it and I assume there's a way to check the job and cut it up:

/public_html/plugins/mass_mailer/Cron/Email.php

/**
     * Sends mass emails for all jobs
     */
    public function run()
    {
        // Retrieve all email jobs that are in progress or ready to run
        $jobs = $this->MassMailerJobs->getAll('email', ['pending', 'in_progress']);

// Build the export
        foreach ($jobs as $job) {
            // The job must have an email to send, otherwise there is nothing
            // we can do but mark it complete
            if (!($email = $this->MassMailerEmails->getByJob($job->id))) {
                $this->completeJob($job->id);
                continue;
            }

// Mark this job as now in progress
            if ($job->status === 'pending') {
                $this->MassMailerJobs->edit($job->id, ['status' => 'in_progress']);
            }

// Send an email for each task in the job
            while (($task = $this->MassMailerTasks->getByJob($job->id))) {
                // Send the email
                $this->MassMailerEmails->send($task, $email);

// Delete the task
                $this->MassMailerTasks->delete($task->id);
            }

}
    }

26 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Ah the guys haven't changed it and I assume there's a way to check the job and cut it up:

/public_html/plugins/mass_mailer/Cron/Email.php

/**
     * Sends mass emails for all jobs
     */
    public function run()
    {
        // Retrieve all email jobs that are in progress or ready to run
        $jobs = $this->MassMailerJobs->getAll('email', ['pending', 'in_progress']);

// Build the export
        foreach ($jobs as $job) {
            // The job must have an email to send, otherwise there is nothing
            // we can do but mark it complete
            if (!($email = $this->MassMailerEmails->getByJob($job->id))) {
                continue;
            }

// Mark this job as now in progress
            if ($job->status === 'pending') {
                $this->MassMailerJobs->edit($job->id, ['status' => 'in_progress']);
            }

// Send an email for each task in the job
            while (($task = $this->MassMailerTasks->getByJob($job->id))) {
                // Send the email
                $this->MassMailerEmails->send($task, $email);

// Delete the task
                $this->MassMailerTasks->delete($task->id);
            }

}
    }

have not yet see the whole code,  i think a limit for the fetch function can do the trick.

9 emails a minute? If you have a large customer base, it could be impractical. I strongly suggest using something like Mailgun (which is free up to like 10k emails/month) as an SMTP server.

We are considering adding a rate limit option to the Mass Mailer, but I'm not sure if there is a feature request for it yet. https://requests.blesta.com

On 11/04/2017 at 4:45 PM, Paul said:

9 emails a minute? If you have a large customer base, it could be impractical. I strongly suggest using something like Mailgun (which is free up to like 10k emails/month) as an SMTP server.

We are considering adding a rate limit option to the Mass Mailer, but I'm not sure if there is a feature request for it yet. https://requests.blesta.com

w have tested the mailer in a big client base, the mass mailer send email per email in on cron job . so if the server has limit it will blocked sure .so the rate limit per hour would be great .

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

w have tested the mailer in a big client base, the mass mailer send email per email in on cron job . so if the server has limit it will blocked sure .so the rate limit per hour would be great .

How did the mass mailer work other than that for you? I'm assuming you didn't have any such rate limits on your mail server.

22 hours ago, Paul said:

How did the mass mailer work other than that for you? I'm assuming you didn't have any such rate limits on your mail server.

Normally they have a rate limit to sent for each batch (100, per hour or 30 min ect... ) then the cron is sending emails restricting the rate limit .

so the cron run every 5 min, then 60/5 = 12 , so we will divide 100/5 for each cron job . that mean every cronjob should only send 12 emails

today i tested the plugin with a big client base, and it was trigger for spam activities and it was reported by our mail filters . as i have blesta in it own server we have removed the limitation, but this will be problem for websites that use shared hosting or any smtp mail server provider .