Modify Support Ticket Response

Bit Bayou

There's currently no edit feature for already posted replies or notes. There has been some pro and some con, and with about 5 or 6 other more heavily requested features for the support plugin it's not looking very high priority right now.

I think we need more user feedback on this one. We're not opposed to it, perhaps it should be a feature that can be enabled or disabled.

I'd be very happy with the ability to edit tickets. I have a bad habit of missing typos when using some sort of editor, so i often don't realize it before hitting the "reply" button. =/

I've got a habit of that as-well on my mobile. It's also good to edit staff replies if needed.

You do realize that the original reply would have already been emailed to the client though? How does this affect, if at all, the need for editing replies?

Well, you've a point. If we disable to send a reply over email it's good but if it's enable our impression will get hurt.

Mostly Clients prefer to respond via email so I don't think it's a good idea to disable it.

You do realize that the original reply would have already been emailed to the client though? How does this affect, if at all, the need for editing replies?

Give it a "grace period" of like 1-2 minutes before sending the email. So if it's edited it'll email the edited version.

Also it wouldn't affect the need for it. Generally when i receive an email stating you've got a response on ticket id: XYZ

I just click the link, I don't bother reading the reply below it. 

Give it a "grace period" of like 1-2 minutes before sending the email. So if it's edited it'll email the edited version.

Also it wouldn't affect the need for it. Generally when i receive an email stating you've got a response on ticket id: XYZ

I just click the link, I don't bother reading the reply below it. 

1 minute should be enough time if there was a option for that. I wouldn't want it as default as knowing me I'd be waiting for a reply.

I'm against this completely.  If I update a ticket I want it going out immediately because I work in a mission critical environment where seconds count.  As far as editing I'm going with Paul on this one... the email would be sent out via email so even if you edited the ticket that would be inconsistent.  Unless an "Edit" email want out to them but then why not just update the ticket again with the correction.

The ticketing system is nothing other an a fancy email client.  I treat them like emails because you can't edit emails either.

There's my input.