Apply Payments to Open Invoices Takes Very Long to Run

mlsto

Question

Hello

Notice that the task "Apply Payments to Open Invoices" takes very long to run, I have it set every 5 minutes, yesterday it took 6 hours to complete today it is just circling and says has not run since 2am, so 4 hours so far.

Why is this happening, got two PayPal payments yesterday and it did not record them, I had to pay the invoices manually.

Please advise.

Thank you

I must say I am very disappointed with the support here, I changed from ClientExec to Blesta and have been left to fix my problems by myself. I am running a business site and if I cannot process payments or services but only manually then what is the purpose.

My issue now is I cannot go back to CE and stuck with Blesta, there has to be better support for these issues as people are relying on your expertise to fix these issues.

Please provide a better support system as this is causing loss of business. I understand not many to provide this but come on help someone out.

Right now I have no idea what to do, do I continue to lose business or manually process all services which is what I am left to do.

Can you provide some sort of help.

1 hour ago, mlsto said:

It is not the module, it is the cron job sticking on Apply Payments to Open Invoices for over 6 hours. With it being stuck any orders placed are not recorded, I have manually pay them because the cron is stuck.

Are you running any custom code? Custom theme, custom module, custom plugin that is using any hooks/events? It's not common for apply payments to open invoices to get stuck.

When did the issue originally occur? Think back to just before that, did you make any changes to the installation or system beforehand?

Are there any payments that need to be applied to open invoices?

If the cron failed for whatever reason, it can take up to 6 hours for the task to be marked as crashed and re-try.

Is it currently only "Apply Payments to Open Invoices?".

Is there a "clear" option next to the task? Can you provide a screenshot of Settings > Company > Automation, showing the task?

3 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Please provide a better support system as this is causing loss of business. I understand not many to provide this but come on help someone out.

I don't recall seeing any trouble tickets. The forums are perfectly fine for support, but they are not as actively monitored as our ticket system, and they are public so there is less that we can do. It seems like your other issues were resolved through the forums though. I don't see how the failure for loose payments to be applied to invoices would cause loss of business. New orders would have payments applied directly to invoices.

Paul,

I am not one to make issues and do understand situations, now I do know I can create a ticket, did not know, maybe my fault but good to know now. I have been using the forums as again did not know.

There are no changes to anything, all was working fine before, all was a new install.

I will make request to your ticket system, right now it is working.

Note I changed from PHP 5.6 to 7.0. hoping this will fix the issue.

4 minutes ago, mlsto said:

I will make request to your ticket system, right now it is working.

Note I changed from PHP 5.6 to 7.0. hoping this will fix the issue.

Glad to hear it is working! If you changed from PHP 5.6 to 7.0, I'm assuming you applied the hotfix for Blesta that contains 3 files necessary for PHP 7. If you didn't, nothing would be working. :)

It is working for now as was not working before and went off again.

Yes I did the hot fix. Hoping 7.0 is a good fix.

You should note that PHP 7.1 does not have ioncube so would be good to adjust to this, 7.0 does have ioncube which can be activated in 7.0 but no ioncube in 7.1.