Late Fee

velaware

I thought we had something scheduled, but nope just a note about late fees cannot be applied to proforma invoices.

Do you find it's necessary to have a specific, unique late fee value per package? Some people prefer a late fee to be a fixed amount, a percentage of the invoice total, or interest calculated daily or monthly.

We would want any such late fee system to cover at least the most common scenarios.

I thought we had something scheduled, but nope just a note about late fees cannot be applied to proforma invoices.

Do you find it's necessary to have a specific, unique late fee value per package? Some people prefer a late fee to be a fixed amount, a percentage of the invoice total, or interest calculated daily or monthly.

We would want any such late fee system to cover at least the most common scenarios.

I personally don't mind but i used to do £10 late fee might do 30% but It would be cool if it was set by client groups so keep who keep up with payments don't get charged more.

But then it could be unique by having one global and overwritten per client. 

My suggestion is to allow Blesta admin to setup a default method of handling late fees, which can then be overwritten on a per-package basis. 

However, the vast majority of Blesta users will never need to overwrite the default late fee setup so I think you could split this into two new features.  First is to have system-wide late fee options, and then later add ability to overwrite per package.  This way, at least basic late fee capability can be rolled out to users asap, rather than making this one big feature that is very complicated by trying to add per-package over-ride ability.

As for system default method for late fees... our company policy is to add an initial $10 fee if the invoice is over 5 days late.  Then we add 2.5% late fee after each month to the initial invoice amount that was due. (NOTE:  The 2.5% interest is NOT charged on the late fee itself.  So we don't add $10 late fee and then charge 2.5% on it later, or 2.5% on any amount that was added as part of the late fee later...  The late fee % is only charged on the initial amount that was due.)

:)