Jump to content
Lampard

WARNING about user here

Recommended Posts

Hello!

As you know that few days ago one of the person here posted about needing a web developer, which i gave him suggestion and then he asked me if i know someone.
I do that work usually with my friends that are freelancers.

Here is a thread

 

Username is: MineHarvest66

What happened?
On 19th July 2018, he gave me all the requirements for website and how website should look like. We also agreed on a price, there were some problem with payment methods but we also sorted it out.

I gave him progress of every day, and showed him the template. He also said that i am on the right direction. When layout was done from our side the time came for changes, we did every change he told us. We also told him that it will take us 10 days for this project however we completed it in less than 5 days. From the first day, we agreed that we will put any content he wants which we did for him. We added every content he gave us. So almost everything was done. He said that he will send more content. We waited 5 days but there was no reply from him so i sent him message to send me the contents he told us that he will send them as soon as he can. Now please check out all the screenshots, all the conversation took place in messenger of Blesta.

Please see the quotes too, since conversation is so long i was not able to take so many screenshots.
When we asked for some important things to start with:

v7LOYg2.png

Zhu0Fvb.png

 

 


YzqERBc.png

 

K1CkI0z.png

 

odLnrrU.png

yNCjsL1.png

rvumMpO.png

CyQifXl.png

QRtZUo8.png

 

OjKTf6l.png

qF1I1at.png

QslXkZ0.png
we8wKsP.png

 

 

Note: I asked him second option because he was not replying.

cqXgQQ3.png

JoGKJa0.png

fi7KGqJ.png

 

 

I think that these screenshots are so enough to prove this guy a scammer. You can even check his reply, and his excuses to just end up this project, probably he didn't want to pay but wasted all our time for this project. I even hired freelancer and i have to pay him, what will i do now? This is also my mistake that i trusted this guy by looking at his registration date on Blesta forums, his threads, his posts, i thought that this type of person on community will not do that and will be serious for that project.

What you can do? STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY, HE IS JUST HERE FOR SCAMMING PEOPLE MOSTLY AND WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME! I have been scammed at many places before, but i never made this type of thread like that but i am not gonna leave this guy like this, world should know about it. Since it was HTML theme the codes could be stolen which i am not sure if he did as i just sent him demo.

I also hope that Blesta moderators do something, these type of people don't deserve to be on this community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lampard said:

Since it was HTML theme the codes could be stolen which i am not sure if he did as i just sent him demo.

While the messages were in line this is NOT true. You sent a live demo but not the files themselves.  

I will NOT be using your product and I made a early discharge on this as quoted in the messages. You NEVER EVER question a customer's ability to pay up. That is handled at BILLING time and BILLING time ONLY.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think moderators can do anything about it but @Paul can check the messages (I think on IPB you can). And maybe ban him from the community because I thought it was too good to be true when he posted that thread.... But he's bind and deaf how the hell does that work on the internet. I know a guy on LET who is colourblind and copes with design and my dad is deaf and he can lip read but if you are blind how can he see what you are doing and comment on what to change? I think he's just wasting your time and then probably taking the source codes and using it for free.

Did you take a downpayment? If not save this for PayPal or whomever you did the payment with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

While the messages were in line this is NOT true. You sent a live demo but not the files themselves.  

I will NOT be using your product and I made a early discharge on this as quoted in the messages. You NEVER EVER question a customer's ability to pay up. That is handled at BILLING time and BILLING time ONLY.  

He asked for feedback and the content you wanted on the design, so they can work out a timeframe with the freelancer. He never mentioned anything about a Final Payment as far as I can see.

 

7 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

I said that I would supply that when I was ready...

And he asked for a timeframe. The freelancer isn't going to wait a decade for you to give it nor wait for the final payment to close the job when they may have loads more in the waiting list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blesta.Store said:

He asked for feedback and the content you wanted on the design, so they can work out a timeframe with the freelancer. He never mentioned anything about a Final Payment as far as I can see.

I said that I would supply that when I was ready...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GosuHost said:

That's the problem with Live Demos. You can use programs to copy the webpage and never pay a dime. Usually best practice would be a short video showing each page or the page as one whole image.

I had already said that I would be NOT be using it. No way that this guy is worming his way for money for the reasons I stated on the messages AND now that he leaked MEDICAL data without my consent as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MineHarvest66 said:

I had already said that I would be NOT be using it. No way that this guy is worming his way for money for the reasons I stated on the messages AND now that he leaked MEDICAL data without my consent as well. 

no he hasn't he stated you said you are blind as-well as hard of hearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said I didn't have one on me. I always just updated people when I am ready or when I THINK I will be ready. But I cannot work with someone who will want one, asking question  about payments when it not even time yet and now? releasing medical information? 

2 minutes ago, Blesta.Store said:

no he hasn't he stated you said you are blind as-well as hard of hearing. 

Yes he had, that still medical information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

I said I didn't have one on me. I always just updated people when I am ready or when I THINK I will be ready. But I cannot work with someone who will want one, asking question  about payments when it not even time yet and now? releasing medical information? 

Yes he had, that still medical information. 

Medical information is Your NHS number, your tablets, your Social Security Number if you're from the USA. You told him and did you say "Don't tell anyone but I'm blind" or did you sign a "Non-disclosure" for telling someone personal information about you're wellbeing? And for a timeframe they don't expect a time and a date, a couple of weeks would be suitable. Or Next month or just a date. You can change it you know. They don't hold a knife to you and make you stick to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blesta.Store said:

Medical information is Your NHS number, your tablets, your Social Security Number if you're from the USA. You told him and did you say "Don't tell anyone but I'm blind" or did you sign a "Non-disclosure" for telling someone personal information about you're wellbeing? And for a timeframe they don't expect a time and a date, a couple of weeks would be suitable. Or Next month or just a date. You can change it you know. They don't hold a knife to you and make you stick to it.

By default anyone who I work with is REQUIRED to keep such information confidential unless I says so. So my college cannot share this information even though I already left, my older hosting companies can't do it either,  and so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MineHarvest66 said:

By default anyone who I work with is REQUIRED to keep such information confidential unless I says so. So my college cannot share this information even though I already left, my older hosting companies can't do it either,  and so on. 

college is different as they work with you and as part of the employee confidentiality they can't tell anyone or take the piss. But it doesn't stop others who you hire if you tell someone and then rip them off when they've done the work and you go "na, I can't give you a timeframe estimate" and then end the project even though the guys have worked on it... People don't work for air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blesta.Store said:

college is different as they work with you and as part of the employee confidentiality they can't tell anyone or take the piss. But it doesn't stop others who you hire if you tell someone and then rip them off when they've done the work and you go "na, I can't give you a timeframe estimate" and then end the project even though the guys have worked on it... People don't work for air.

I expect the same regardless. Being salty like this is not going to win them "awesome points". It just shows that they value materials more than ever...  

And since when I did ripped them off? I will say it again... I told them when I am READY I would let them know. If they want to check up on me that would be fine. But asking for project deadlines and if I would be paying are questions that shouldn't been asked. Given that I already responded to the first and the latter is very inappropriate.  

You wait until billing THEN if they still won't pay then you question them. Not prior to work completion.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MineHarvest66 said:

You wait until billing THEN if they still won't pay then you question them. Not prior to work completion.   

Does that mean you going to pay him for the work that he completed?

It's not our job to arbitrate disputes, but I'd hope that you guys can work something out. Reputation is very important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Does that mean you going to pay him for the work that he completed?

It's not our job to arbitrate disputes, but I'd hope that you guys can work something out. Reputation is very important.

Let's me go down the list one last time...  

1. He had REPEATEDLY asked for a "project completion" despite the fact telling him at least once that I would inform him that I would let him once I am ready.  

2. He then proceed to question my ability to pay despite the fact the product was not going to be rendered at the time.  

3. He then stated terrible thoughts regarding me in the PM 

4. Then he proceed to posting these information INCLUDING CONFIDENTIAL information!  

I am sorry but these characteristics spells out "I want my money soon/now" rather than "I will wait right here and just make sure your okay from time to time" like EVERY NORMAL freelancer/company would!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

While the messages were in line this is NOT true. You sent a live demo but not the files themselves.  

I will NOT be using your product and I made a early discharge on this as quoted in the messages. You NEVER EVER question a customer's ability to pay up. That is handled at BILLING time and BILLING time ONLY.  

When a live demo is sent, it is easy to copy the HTML & CSS, when you can give out those small excuses for not paying for this project then no one can trust you that whether you will be using them or not. This is not Web Hosting that you do that at billing time, YOU COULD SIMPLY REJECT in one first day progress, but no you prefer to waste our time, you even said wonderful when we sent you progress.

 

34 minutes ago, Blesta.Store said:

I don't think moderators can do anything about it but @Paul can check the messages (I think on IPB you can). And maybe ban him from the community because I thought it was too good to be true when he posted that thread.... But he's bind and deaf how the hell does that work on the internet. I know a guy on LET who is colourblind and copes with design and my dad is deaf and he can lip read but if you are blind how can he see what you are doing and comment on what to change? I think he's just wasting your time and then probably taking the source codes and using it for free.

Did you take a downpayment? If not save this for PayPal or whomever you did the payment with.

 

You can't trust anyone on Internet, this is the truth, i would never expect this guy to be doing this but anything can happen on Internet. I did not take any payment in advance, because i trusted that guy due to his threads and post on this forum :( I did this mistake. By the way, since all the conversation took place on the forum, i asked Paul to take access of my account and check all those messages, full conversation.

 

30 minutes ago, GosuHost said:

That's the problem with Live Demos. You can use programs or a simple wget to copy the webpage and never pay a dime. Usually best practice would be a short video showing each page or the page as one whole image.

 

I sent him whole website image in starting but some features can't be tested out in an image so i decided to send demo by trusting someone. :(
 

31 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

I had already said that I would be NOT be using it. No way that this guy is worming his way for money for the reasons I stated on the messages AND now that he leaked MEDICAL data without my consent as well. 

 

When you can waste our 10 days, and then made me pending and my freelancers for so long time, why does it concern to people like you? You are here to waste people's time. You even mentioned on your old thread where you needed a web developer that they couldn't, probably the reason was same. I am not sure but even on Fiverr people like you open dispute and take the money back this way. However i shouldn't have trusted you first. You talk about medical data, WHAT MEDICAL DATA I AM LEAKING HERE?


 

30 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

I said I didn't have one on me. I always just updated people when I am ready or when I THINK I will be ready. But I cannot work with someone who will want one, asking question  about payments when it not even time yet and now? releasing medical information? 

Yes he had, that still medical information. 


You want my freelancers to wait for an year to complete your project? Is that how you treat your workers? What answer can i give to my freelancers? What did they work for? When we completed your web layout and all main things you agreed that content has to be added now, WHICH we also added that.

 

 

21 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

By default anyone who I work with is REQUIRED to keep such information confidential unless I says so. So my college cannot share this information even though I already left, my older hosting companies can't do it either,  and so on. 

 

WE ARE NOT AN AUTHORITY TO KEEP SUCH INFORMATION SECRET, how much hypocrisy is that when you want us to add content where you have to mention on your web, THIS MEDICAL DATA. Now you have a problem when i have mentioned here? I see what you are doing here.

Such people like you may say that i am lieing, but anyways i would always like to post the proof:
SgWs7ak.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lampard said:

I sent him whole website image in starting but some features can't be tested out in an image so i decided to send demo by trusting someone. :(

Perhaps check into a program such as Jing (free) will allow you to screen capture and will automatically upload to screencast. Such applications are great way to showcase features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

2. He then proceed to question my ability to pay despite the fact the product was not going to be rendered at the time.  

Sounds like he was right to do so. Freelancers have every right to expect to be paid in a timely fashion. Expectations should be laid out before any work is started, including any reasons why someone might not be paid. As far as I'm concerned, if you agreed to have him to the work, you've agreed to pay him for it.

Lesson learned in this case I guess? If you do work for people through the forums here, do your own due diligence on them, and get $$ up front, at least to cover your costs.

Not sure there's much else that can be said here. Others can make up their own minds. </thread>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

Let's me go down the list one last time...  

1. He had REPEATEDLY asked for a "project completion" despite the fact telling him at least once that I would inform him that I would let him once I am ready.  

2. He then proceed to question my ability to pay despite the fact the product was not going to be rendered at the time.  

3. He then stated terrible thoughts regarding me in the PM 

4. Then he proceed to posting these information INCLUDING CONFIDENTIAL information!  

I am sorry but these characteristics spells out "I want my money soon/now" rather than "I will wait right here and just make sure your okay from time to time" like EVERY NORMAL freelancer/company would!  


1. From 5 days you said same thing, this already gives a feeling to freelancer that the customer is ditching, none of my customer has ever done this infact they have always asked us to do the work faster and has always supplied all information.

2. I asked you to confirm since when customer don't reply from many days, freelancer can already understand that what is going on.
 

3. Terrible thoughts? :) Sure thing, all screenshots are mentioned on main thread and you guys can see what "terrible thoughts" they are, telling him that how will i pay to my freelancer are terrible thoughts, telling him that you ditched me, are terrible thoughts.

4. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION? THE SAME INFORMATION THAT YOU WOULD PUT ON YOUR WEB, WHICH WILL BE CRAWLED BY BOTS, EVERYONE ON INTERNET, IS THAT FINE??? WOW HYPOCRISY.

"I want my money" I never said that. I ASKED YOU WHETHER YOU WILL PAY OR NOT WHEN PROJECT IS FINISHED TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT DITCHING US.
A normal freelancer and a company ALWAYS asks for that, YOU have never worked with people or you just need an excuse NOT TO pay for what we did. Infact every NORMAL FREELANCER/COMPANY takes payment in advance, but we gave favors to you which then you just abused.

Good luck doing business with others, today you scammed me, tomorrow someone else will scam you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×