[Order] More Then One Currency

PauloV

Describe the issue you're experiencing:

wen there is more then one currency enable, and wen there is a price set in only one  of the currencies we cannot continue wen buying a domain or we cannot see prices wen selecting a service (for exemple hosting package)

Provide detailed steps necessary to reproduce the issue.

- Enable on settings 2 currencies

- Add a service package with 2 currencies and only set a price to one of the currencies (in my exemple I add EUR and USD, and only set a price on EUR)

- Add a Domain package with 2 currencies and only set a price to one of the currencies (in my exemple I add EUR and USD, and only set a price on EUR)

- Now try to buy a domain (you can check status but cannot continue)

- Now try to skip and trie to buy a service (you cannot see prices)

- Now on the service change the currency to "EUR" and try again from the beginig, you will be able to buy the domain and service correctly.

Include your configuration settings, i.e. OS, version of Blesta, version of module/gateway/plugin if applicable, version of PHP & MySQL.

Blesta 3.3-b1, PHP 5.3, MySQL 5.5, Default Modules from Blesta 3.3-b1

Possible Solution:

Make a default currency

or

Make a function to make as default only the currency that has a price

or

Show a warning message to the client saying that there is no price set for the selected currency

what isthe rule of currency exchange rate ?

normally if no price setup for the selected currency , blesta should get curency exchange rate and dsplay the price for the second currency .

i have tested it and well worked for me .

I think Paulov is using set prices and not using a currency exchange mate.

OK I have done that and its showing correctly, but there is still a problem.

I have 2 currencies set USD and EUR, I have update the currency exchange in admin, but wen ordering, I have the dropdown to select a diferent currency. Wen I select it dosent auto exchange and it goes to default currency that I have set on the package.  How can I do?

Settings > Currencies > "Automatically Update Exchange Rates"

check that box, and then uncheck "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only"

I think that setting is the source of the original problem. Your issue sounds identical to what was fixed in CORE-1345.

I suspect "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only" led to a misconfiguration problem. As described in that setting's tooltip, "This option requires package pricing to be set in the specified currency to be available for creating new services."

It sounds as if you had that setting checked and only 1 or 2 currencies defined for the package, but additional currencies were defined for the order form. The other currencies available on the order form are not supported by the package, but are required based on the aforementioned setting. No conversion takes place because the setting "...requires package pricing to be set in the specified currency...".

So this particular issue wouldn't be a bug, but rather the result of a configuration conflict. In this case, you would need to be sure the currencies set on the order form are all supported by the package(s) on the order form.

I think that setting is the source of the original problem. Your issue sounds identical to what was fixed in CORE-1345.

I suspect "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only" led to a misconfiguration problem. As described in that setting's tooltip, "This option requires package pricing to be set in the specified currency to be available for creating new services."

It sounds as if you had that setting checked and only 1 or 2 currencies defined for the package, but additional currencies were defined for the order form. The other currencies available on the order form are not supported by the package, but are required based on the aforementioned setting. No conversion takes place because the setting "...requires package pricing to be set in the specified currency...".

So this particular issue wouldn't be a bug, but rather the result of a configuration conflict. In this case, you would need to be sure the currencies set on the order form are all supported by the package(s) on the order form.

Thanks Tyson :), I have removed the Order From and created a new one and now is almost perfect :)  only two anoying things:

1º- On Domain, there is no Currency Select Box.

2º- If you alredy have in cart a saved package with one of the currency, for exemple a domain in "EUR", you cannot change currency to "USD", only if you empty the cart and start again.

Thanks Tyson :), I have removed the Order From and created a new one and now is almost perfect :)  only two anoying things:

1º- On Domain, there is no Currency Select Box.

Can you request this in discussion or features forum?

2º- If you alredy have in cart a saved package with one of the currency, for exemple a domain in "EUR", you cannot change currency to "USD", only if you empty the cart and start again.

This is by design. An order can only be for one currency, and if you did not allow currency conversion or if the price was defined in the currency selected for a different term then we would need to remove those items from the cart, which wouldn't be good for the user.