Solusvm

AshleyUk

Question

12 answers to this question

Hello Paul,

Sorry that is what I meant, that is set for each of the packages correctly, however they are not sent an email, even when the box is ticket, the client is sent an email saying your Service is activated and will shortly recieve an email with your login details, however they never receive this email.

,Ashley

Hello,

Yes I have multiple client's that are using services, and its worked fine apart from I have had to manually send an email after with their login details for SolusVM & Server.

Attached is a screenshot of the area of the package setup containing the Welcome email config, the email is never sent.

,Ashley

post-10686-0-31445900-1409845741_thumb.p

I have having issues with SolusVM sending the Welcome Email, I have this set correctly under the package, they receive the service has been activated email, however do not receive the email with the username and password.

Welcome Emails at the package level are embedded into the Service Creation email template, which can be found under [settings] -> [Company] -> [Emails].

The Service Creation email template has the tags {package.email_html} and {package.email_text}, which will show the contents of your Welcome Email (HTML and Text versions, respectively). You'll need to include these tags in the Service Creation template for them to be included in the email.

I think he means in thw text tab, this is used for blesta / and non html email clients.

Tyson specifically mentioned the text tag for the service creation template, so I'm assuming that's what he was meaning.

As far as I know, the only difference between the HTML/TEXT sections of the package is one using the {package.email_html} tag and one uses the {package.email_text} tag, Blesta uses that tag to determine what gets emailed out, it doesn't actually detect whether or not the email client is capable of either...unless I'm missing something, never thought that was a thing?

Tyson specifically mentioned the text tag for the service creation template, so I'm assuming that's what he was meaning.

As far as I know, the only difference between the HTML/TEXT sections of the package is one using the {package.email_html} tag and one uses the {package.email_text} tag, Blesta uses that tag to determine what gets emailed out, it doesn't actually detect whether or not the email client is capable of either...unless I'm missing something, never thought that was a thing?

http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Company+%3E+Emails#Company>Emails-EmailTemplates

That's why there's two tabs on the welcome email, if your email doesn't support Html it will show the text. (Both templates are sent in the email). 

HTML	The HTML version of the email.
Text	The text version of the email.

You also see the text version on Blesta, if you go to the client profile and check the email history you see the text version.

You can also disable HTML in email under the mail settings, and Blesta will only send the Text version. You should have {package.email_html} tag used for the HTML tab of the email template, and {package.email_text} in the Text tab of the same template.

You also see the text version on Blesta, if you go to the client profile and check the email history you see the text version.

The client mail log will only show text, but if a text copy of an email is not available, it will convert the HTML version to text and show that instead (only for the mail log).