Blesta Not Installing On Softaculous

tenaki

Not worried myself as I don't need it but the team might want to be aware. Tried to install it on 2 seperate servers and it throws the error "unable to install" or similar

I recommend try updating the apps Softaculous > Software > General scripts > Update. Sometimes that causes errors.

Also check to ensure you have the requirements for Blesta. Softaculous > Software > Script requirements.

Otherwise I recommend contacting Softaculous direct on their forum, their team are very helpful with their software. If you don't own the server try uploading the files manually, if that works then it's a issue with Softaculous.

Hi you missunderstood, I installed it fine manually, it was on 2 other servers (not mine) that it didn't work on. Just thought Blesta should be made aware if it was a problem across the board as that would put potential customers off

Ah :) ok thank you, it might be a server issue or softaculous issue, I've not got premium active on my server so I can't try it sorry.

I just tested this 3 times.  

Test 1: Said connection lost after 95% complete, but install still fully functional

Test 2: Said connection lost after 27% complete, install goes to license input screen (so softaculous installed, but didn't finish registering admin user info/free license)

Test 3: Said connection lost after 95% complete, install goes to license input screen

Looks like somethings going on with the connection dropping out during setup...seems like this would probably be more of a softaculous problem than a Blesta problem.

2014-10-07_0856.png

Connection drops a lot when you check again it's installed lol.

Yup, which is show in #1, however, when the connection drops it is not fully completing the process (as shown in #2 and #3).

Sadly nothing shows in the Softaculous error log so it's a bit hard to track down "why" the connection is dropping, don't see anything in apache or server logs either.