Blesta Template Modifications Not Taking Hold?

Sam

Question

I'm editing a 'registration' template here: /home/my_blesta_dir/public_html/plugins/order/views/templates/standard/signup.pdt

My signup form here: https://my.hostingchoice.com/order/signup/index/register is not updating.

I checked the cache folder, but no luck. It seems like cache only handles nav elements. I'm tryin to remove the Tax ID section to no avail. 

Any ideas?

10 answers to this question

Naja7host has a slotuion for you. No more template editing

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3437-plugin-css-javascript-toolbox-magic-box/ 

Hide TAX ID field in client edit page :

Add Custom css 

advanced

Controllers : client_main_edit

Markup to set in : head tag

CSS To Add :

#tax_id {display:none}
[for="tax_id"] { display: none;} 

Save .

Thanks folks. Now how do I use this to disable the email/username selection and to use email addresses at registration by default?

How can I add the ability to add descriptions to each field? I am going to add my own "required" tags for now, even if Blesta won't support them until 3.4.

Is there any way that I can populate a blesta hidden field from a get variable when someone accesses my page with that variable set? This is to tie in another system. I have a client bootstrap that shows a progress bar for a customer. I need to use this hidden field to check to make sure that a user has actually registered.

You will be editing the wrong file. There are at four different files you need to change including the client edit page, registration page and signup pages for all three templates. See the vQmod in my signature.

What's the difference between this plugin and the one that was recommended above?

Naja7host's plugin allows you to add CSS, JavaScript and PHP to any page, vQmod allows you to edit any file included by PHP which usually means PHP and PDT files. Both allow you to make changes without actually editing core files, so the changes are persistent across versions. For this particular change I think vQmod is better suited for the job as it will disable the Tax ID field rather than just hide it, but it's not very important and you can use either. You can look inside the vQmod XML file to find which files need to be changed with Naja7host's plugin.

I'm editing a 'registration' template here: /home/my_blesta_dir/public_html/plugins/order/views/templates/standard/signup.pdt

My signup form here: https://my.hostingchoice.com/order/signup/index/register is not updating.

I checked the cache folder, but no luck. It seems like cache only handles nav elements. I'm tryin to remove the Tax ID section to no avail. 

Any ideas?

The order form you created does not use the template you edited, which is why the changes don't appear. I believe the template you want to update is /home/my_blesta_dir/public_html/plugins/order/views/templates/standard/types/registration/signup.pdt

This plugin isn't inserting the CSS :( Tax ID still present. Any ideas?

i have not added plugins controllers to my toolbox plugin . i'm working now it , then you can hide any field you want in order template or ticket plugin and ny other installed plugin . the above code is working in edit client page info (client side) .