Disable Send Invoice From Order

a.daniello

Question

Hi,

i want disable send invoice from order.

Why?

Because, in my opinion is no good that Blesta generates (and sends) invoice every time that a customer put an order, also without payment: i would like that Blesta generates and sends invoice only after payment confirmed. I think that is a big issue in Italy, where i write (we can't void invoice, but process is more complex).

With ProForma invoice i solved the first point (Blesta not generates invoice, but a ProForma invoice) and now i'ld like disable the "send" (so, with cron task, i send invoices only one time/day and so we send invoice only if payment is completed, otherwise, in rare case, send a ProForma).

Can anyone help me about where i can find the method that send invoice when an order is inserted?

Sorry for my poor english.

Many thanks,

Achille

7 answers to this question

If i disable the unpaid email template, using "proforma" as default, customer don't gets anything (invoice generated by proforma are "unsent"): i just tested it now. Otherwise, Tyson's suggestion should suffice for me (also if this not resolve data optimization).

Also the OP mentions sending invoices once per day. This can be done under Settings > Company > Automation by changing the Interval for Deliver Invoices to 24 hours. Of course, you can't control the time that they are sent, but if the goal is to delay delivery such that the likelihood of someone getting an unpaid invoice that they are paying during checkout then it may suffice.

Tyson's recommendation of disabling the delivery of unpaid invoices is probably the best solution however. Settings > Company > Emails. Edit "Invoice Delivery (Unpaid)" and uncheck the "Enabled" box.

Pro forma invoices can still be sent. It sounds like the OP doesn't want any type of invoices sent unless they're paid, so disabling the unpaid email template should suffice.

ahh yes , our probleme was just the invoice should not be sent unless it fully or partially . in the past we have to manupulate the PDF class to change the label from invoice to Pro Forma is not paid .