Blesta Is Multi-Languages ?

Blesta Addons

Question

This is the first question than can anyone has a non English business ask .

Blesta is Multi-Language ?

the answer is Yes , but as now "v 3.3.2" is not totally multi language , so why yes , and why is not totally multi language  .

1 - if you want to run blesta in only one other language  rather than English , so is "yes" , you need to disable "Client may set Language" .

2 - if you want to run blesta in multiple languages , the answer here is not totally multi language .

so my analyses will get based in the second case .

A - the first big obstacle is the Portal CMS plugin , is a unique language , we can't make entry for a multiple languages .

B - the navigation link , exempt the core one "dashboard,account,contact" , are not in multi-language , so if you install the plugin with admin area in English , the navigation will remain in English even if the client has a French language in their profile , for me this a "no professional company" that offer a their clients a merged languages in their navigation links  , this issue i have already posted in the forums and it was not answered .

C - no languages selection in the system for visitors - not logged clients - , and this has no sense with multiple languages installed .

D - the widgets name, the search options tag , is not multi languages .

after blesta is supporting this issue we can say blesta is a true multi-language system .

6 answers to this question

CORE-1320 adds a language selector to non-authenticated client pages, planned for a future release.

Future release without ETA is something that make me lost :(

So, what you're looking for is:

• Multi-Language in Portal
  • Multi-Language in Navigation Links from Plugins
  • Multi-Language for Widget Name (This is not currently possible?)

Maybe this is the major request for multi-language , note this is not my request , this what i think about a complete multi-language blesta . to no , i heat a phrase like "This is not currently possible" , "this is impossible now" ... it send a bad signal .

What do you mean by the search option tag?

this is something related to the action table . the search option event .

i have a found 2 temporary solutions for the "Multi-Language in Navigation Links from Plugins" , the first one is a modification in the navigation.php model , te second one is a plugin with jquery cpde to search/replace , that is working for me, but i have not yet tested in other installation .

Hi,

i think that Blesta is a far cry from a "multi-language" system.

I must add to your items:

Settings > Company > Invoice Customization > "Terms" is not multi-language;

Email signatures are not multi-language;

Settings > Company > General > Localization: “Calendar Start Day”, “Date Format” and “Date Time Format” are not multi-language (now i can only select a date format not correct for some users);

Package description is not multi-language (also name should be multi-language to);

Support Department name and description are not multi-language;

"Responses" in Support Manager ara not multi-language;

Knowledge base "category"'s name and description are not multi-language;

In this list, there are some items with "low priority" because we can fix these with simple tricks. e.g.:

1. we have created a custom invoice template and we use for "terms" a variable that we set in language file;

2. isn't very critical (for us), because we use only one signature with more languages;

6. very low priority, we solve it simply with naming with language code in title, e.g. "IT - Chiusura ticket" and "EN - Ticket closed".

Others that i think so hard to solve (or not?), e.g. the item 3.

Others that i consider "high priority", e.g. 4 (the first! how i can sell in multi-language if my products and its description aren't multi-language?), 5 e 7.

On this theme, i want also suggest to uniform UI: in a form with multi-language fields, please use tabs without reloading page (as is in staff/packages/add)! Try for example to edit email template!!!

At the end, always about multi-language,... sorry for my bad english!  :D

Regards

Ops!

There is another issue that i want post: the list of state/province has a logical problem in some country.

E.g.: in Italy we have Regione (=State) and Province (main city of Regione). Listing "State/Province" i have all together but this is wrong (we'ld have only province).

But i understand that so with this list i can select different VAT based on state/province (and not only on province).

Not consider this as a real problem, only to know.

Thanks

I agree and was disappointed when I saw that the newly introduced knowledge base was not fully multi-language. Adding he proper calls to translated strings has to be embedded in the coding practice or it will get worse with every release.

The dev team needs to sit down with someone using the system in 2 languages or more to fully understand the depth of the problem.