Multiple Support Users Per Client?

kpmedia

Question

16 answers to this question

But I can only add extra contact for billing? Ah, nevermind this part. Figured it out.

This feature has way too many bugs.

- For example, what if one person needs to be added as a secondary to several accounts? That's not unusual when designers are involved.

- And what happens when a person has multiple services? I don't see a way to select the account with the issue.

I just don't think Blesta is ready for use yet -- it still feels beta.  :(

- For example, what if one person needs to be added as a secondary to several accounts? That's not unusual when designers are involved.

A contact's relationship is one-to-one with the client. A user that should have access to multiple clients would need to be added to each separately.

- And what happens when a person has multiple services? I don't see a way to select the account with the issue.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you clarify?

A contact's relationship is one-to-one with the client. A user that should have access to multiple clients would need to be added to each separately.

It can't be done. An email in Blesta can only be used once. So if one person must be added to 2-3 accounts, you're SOL. The workaround is to make email aliases, and then login separately to each one. The secondary person cannot access multiple accounts.

(Unless I've missed something?)

To be fair, this function isn't available in ClientExec either (tested it yesterday). But Blesta should aim to be better than CE, not worse.

And I know others do have it:

- Futurehosting's Plesk-based (formerly HBA) custom panel can do this easily.

- I believe HostBill can as well.

- Not sure about the current WHMCS.

- I've coded things like this as well, for other sorts of multiuser apps.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you clarify?

Customer has:

- 2 VPS

- a shared Hosting accounts

He has an issue. He submits a ticket "email is down" --- but which one? He has three services! He should pick a simple dropdown, like in WHMCS and ClientExec, to show which service is affected.

Same for the not-possible designer that oversees several accounts on behalf of his customers, and is added to each: "email is down" --- but which account? (the one owned by Johnny, Suzy, or Mike?)

Make more sense? :)

Customer has:

- 2 VPS

He has an issue. He submits a ticket "email is down" --- but which one? He has three services! He should pick a simple dropdown, like in WHMCS and ClientExec, to show which service is affected.

Same for the not-possible designer that oversees several accounts on behalf of his customers, and is added to each: "email is down" --- but which account? (the one owned by Johnny, Suzy, or Mike?)

Mate your talking about something different there nothing to do with clients. There's a function in Blesta which allows to select a product / service for a ticket and it should be done soon with custom fields: CORE-450

I don't understand. How can it have nothing to do with clients?

Client1 ads contact. Yay it, works.

Client2 want to add the same person as a contact. Boo, it doesn't.

^ That's the 1st issue.

The 2nd issue is the selection of the affected service for the ticket. CORE-450 confirmed what I remembered, that it was part of Blesta 2. Not sure why it was removed.

Now take issues 1 + 2.

The secondary contact person need to be able to select a service as well, so the support person knows which account is affected.

That explanation is easy enough, I think. I hope.

The actual implementation shouldn't be that difficult either. 

These are fairly minor code addition/edit/tweak compared to something like a SolusVM (or whatever) integration with those APIs. It's not a total ground-up code write.

The 2ns issue is the selection of the affected service for the ticket. CORE-450 confirmed what I remembered, that it was part of Blesta 2. Not sure why it was removed.

Nothing has been taken out or removed, 3.x is a complete re-write. Can't have everything from 2.5 in a fresh version. They aren't super developers..

Well, yeah -- removed as in "removed from the features" (not the exact code).

When I re-write something, I don't leave anything out that was already there. Assuming it's not intentionally left out. (And I doubt this was left out due to lack of demand. It was simply put off until later -- and later never came.)

I know they're not super devs. I'm not either. But it's also frustrating that I bought 3 based on 2, and was told of "coming features" -- not "lost features". It took a entire year for the promised feature (prorata) to finally appear.

I wouldn't gripe as much if this were open-source software. But it's not -- it's payware. Let's not forget that.

However, that said, I think it does have the best community (because of people like you), and therefore find it more appealing than others. I'm not all that fond of WHMCS (security issues, money-grubbers selling $hitty addons), nor ClientExec (sparse, unanswered posts), nor Parallels (so many unanswered questions!)

At this point, I tend to wonder if PauloV can at least code the 'service list' into his Support Manager Pro plugin. I'm 100% unfamilar with Blesta code right now, otherwise I'd help him. (Maybe later I can.)

It can't be done. An email in Blesta can only be used once. So if one person must be added to 2-3 accounts, you're SOL. The workaround is to make email aliases, and then login separately to each one. The secondary person cannot access multiple accounts.

(Unless I've missed something?)

The contact's username is what must be unique. You could use the same email address for multiple contacts so long as your username is not your email address. In this case the contact would need to login to each account separately using a separate username, but can receive all notices to the same email address.

Customer has:

- 2 VPS

Yes, thanks. I think Licensecart mentioned that is on our radar as apart of CORE-450. I don't suspect it to be a difficult feature to include.

The contact's username is what must be unique. You could use the same email address for multiple contacts so long as your username is not your email address. In this case the contact would need to login to each account separately using a separate username, but can receive all notices to the same email address.

Okay, that's a passable workaround. (Though still not ideal.)

user = john-site1

email = johm@me

user = john-site2

email = john@me

Thanks. :)

I'm pretty sure neither HB or WHMCS allow contacts to login to multiple different client accounts.

We were thinking ahead when we architected the authentication system, so it would be possible in a future release without too much work for a client to have access to multiple companies with the same login. The same may be true of contacts.. but it's not a feature that is widely requested, and nobody else does it to my knowledge. If someone else does do that, I'd love to check it out.

I see it: https://github.com/anzenehansen/BlestaPlugin-multi-account-login

Hmmm ... I don't think that's the same thing. It looks for a primary email account, not the secondary contact.

I never saw that before, but based on when it was published it wouldn't take into account contacts. I wonder if the author would be interested in updating it so that it does.