Invoice Creation

skywerx

Question

We imported WHMCS to Blesta excluding previous invoices and transactions due to WHMCS being such a disaster.  I set up cron and set invoices to be created at 4:00 am and they are to be sent 15 days ahead of the March 1st due date.  After the cron ran some manually entered invoices were sent but the recurring sevices did not send an invoice.  Will Blesta send these even though we missed the 15 days before?(today) We dont care that customers got invoice from WHMCS for March 1st want to send duplicate before the 1st. from Blesta as all transaction will now be in Blesta

If this wont work what do I need to do to get the invoices for recurring services to send

Thanks

11 answers to this question

I am beyond the 15 days.  Todays is the 23rd and the service renews on the 1st.  If I have invoice generation set for 15 days before will it still send them even though I am after the 15 day point.  In other words does blesta send invoices for services renewing in less time than the invoice setting in the system?(similar to if cron failed) or do I have to set it for example to create invoices from recurring services to something like 5 days to get it to happen? 

Was the renew date for the service set to March 1 initially? When did you first enable the cron, was it more than 15 days prior to March 1st?

Blesta will play catch up if it misses a renewal, and the renew date won't be bumped unless/until an invoice is generated. So, if you have it set to 15 days, and the renew date is March 1st, I don't see why it wouldn't invoice those unless there is a problem with the cron running. Under Settings > Company > Automation, does "Create Invoice" say it has run today?

Since client groups can have independent settings from each other and the company, check that the client groups are inheriting their settings from the company or are also set to 15 days under Settings > Company > Client Groups. 

Additionally you could do this mysql query on your database:

---------

SELECT * FROM `log_cron` WHERE `run_id` !=0 AND `end_date` IS NULL ORDER BY `start_date` DESC;

-----------

In case you have result, that mean some tasks in your cron are locked/bugged, and you should remove these lines, and it's will help blesta be able to run locked tasks

It shows the cron ran once this morning but I think I had the days before due date set to less than the number of days till that date when I first ran the cron.  From what I can tell it will only do this once per day so at 5 minutes after midnight tonight I should know if it is working

serge: in log_cron it shows all of the tasks completing and I do not see any null entries.  I know enough about databases to get into trouble so I am using ems sqlmanager to view the entries I did not run a query

Paul:  The renew dates where imported by blesta and most have a renewal of 01 March or 15 march of course the only ones I am worried about right now is the 01 March ones

I did not change any dates and I first ran cron early this morning but like I said I may have had the days before issuing invoice shorter than the days till the invoice due daye.  The database shows them all with renewal dates and that they are active