Link To Service From Edit Invoice Page

Jonathan

I agree with such kind of easy cross navigation.

I think we are here talking about editing invoice from the admin interface, and having there a direct link to the related service or manage service.

certainly the exact reverse thing is also nedded:

Having still at the admin interface when editing a service, a direct link to the related invoice or invoices list.

Maybe something like this?

(a link in a new column to the left of the line item description.  Only the cell next to the parent line-item would have to be filled with the service ID I guess.  I couldn't see a benefit to just repeating the same link/number for sub-items.  I've never used addons but I believe they're essentially a product in and of themselves so they'd need an entry there.  For configurable option line-items it would be best to just leave blank.

post-10725-0-68000600-1428411355_thumb.p

For configurable option line-items it would be best to just leave blank.

Config options (belonging to a service) would show their service number as well. You would want to know which service a config option belonged to, no? Sometimes, especially with prorated upgrades/downgrades, an invoice may only contain a prorated config option line item.

Config options (belonging to a service) would show their service number as well. You would want to know which service a config option belonged to, no? Sometimes, especially with prorated upgrades/downgrades, an invoice may only contain a prorated config option line item.

That's a fair assumption.  I've not seen an invoice for such a scenario while thinking of this so I didn't think of this situation.

Within the invoice (PDF and edit line items) there should probably be a $0 line item for the parent service so that you know what is being referred to and it doesn't confuse customers.  It wouldn't hurt to have the ID of the parent service in the PDF too especially if the customer can reference it somehow.

Without something like this say a customer has 100 similar services you're going to end up with an invoice that can't really be easily associated with a service.

post-10725-0-37496600-1428519395_thumb.p