Reusable Product Email Templates

That's not really a solution...

Technically is, if you don't want to do something because "it's hard work" don't do it. If you don't want to do that don't offer 10 different packages. You can't just wave a magic wand and change everything in a click.

Technically is, if you don't want to do something because "it's hard work" don't do it. If you don't want to do that don't offer 10 different packages.

You're kidding, right?

The whole point of a billing system is to make things that used to be hard work easier.

You could apply this argument to a discussion over whether Blesta should automatically send invoices, or allow customers to place orders on the web, or whether it should do, well, anything.

Telling me "don't offer 10 packages" is not any type of solution. That's crazy.

You can't just wave a magic wand and change everything in a click.

I can in WHMCS.

Looks like this has been discussed but this was in 2014 - http://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-1358

Once this is done, linking them up would be simple, presumably.

Email templates and welcome emails are two different things… or does email templates mean welcome emails in a product?

You're kidding, right?

The whole point of a billing system is to make things that used to be hard work easier.

You could apply this argument to a discussion over whether Blesta should automatically send invoices, or allow customers to place orders on the web, or whether it should do, well, anything.

Telling me "don't offer 10 packages" is not any type of solution. That's crazy.

I can in WHMCS.

Oh yes WHMCS knows how to do things right… let's look at their accounting, adding simple line items, security?

Packages welcome emails are per Package… You need to look at the big picture… You can't just update everything in one go if you think you can... do it, prove me wrong…!

Email templates and welcome emails are two different things… or does email templates mean welcome emails in a product?

Oh yes WHMCS knows how to do things right… let's look at their accounting, adding simple line items, security?

Packages welcome emails are per Package… You need to look at the big picture… You can't just update everything in one go if you think you can... do it, prove me wrong…!

I'm talking about the welcome email. It should be a template, so it can be re-used.

And somehow, despite all of that, WHMCS still dominates the market. Because they do plenty of things right. This is one of them.

I can update an email template associated with 10 packages in WHMCS in one go. I can't do that in Blesta. I have to update every package individually (which breaks package ordering thanks to the package ordering bug - although that may be fixed in 3.5). We make changes to our emails regularly for technical and marketing reasons.

If you want to use a per-package email, fine, but you should have the option to reuse a template if you want to. I'm not seeing the problem here.

"Don't repeat yourself" is a universal principle, and it's not exactly controversial.

• 2 months later...

what i need to insist hir is the multi-languages part .

also the delete option , don't allow delete a welcome email if is already assigned to a package .

another error what can occur is the tags , as some module has a custom tags that is deferent from other . what i suggest hir, is when saving a package , check the tags in template are accepted by the module to aviod a error in sending welcome email .

I had a good idea to simplify this maybe.

Have some sort of include tag that you can put in any email template that brings in another email template.

Solves this problem and others. No need to change the way templates are done with packages, I can just enter the include tag in each one and they'll all be the same.