How Do You Use "client Groups?

Fantasma

Question

15 answers to this question

Client groups are good for organization, but one cool feature of Blesta is that client groups can have different settings. See Settings > Company > Client Groups. You can invoice these customers at different intervals, auto-debit, suspend differently and a whole lot more.

Some people will separate their business clients that want to get paper invoices, and maybe be billed further in advance (so they can pay by check). The possibilities are endless.

Hey Guys -

Just digging up old questions everywhere ;)

I have two about Client Groups that I can't seem to find in the documentation anywhere:

1. How can I move an existing client to another Client Group instead of the default "General"?

2. Can a client exist in to different Groups?

Example Scenario:

Client X Signs on for two different Packages:

- Monthly Marketing Services
- Monthly Website Maintenance

Both services are invoiced differently, is there a way to assign a single user to two Groups? (Marketing Group / Maintenance Group)

This way if I wanted to pull a report on marketing clients, Client X would show as part of that data. Same for pulling a report on the maintenance group, they would show in that report too.

Thanks.

Hey Guys -

Just digging up old questions everywhere ;)

I have two about Client Groups that I can't seem to find in the documentation anywhere:

1. How can I move an existing client to another Client Group instead of the default "General"?

2. Can a client exist in to different Groups?

Example Scenario:

Client X Signs on for two different Packages:

- Monthly Marketing Services

- Monthly Website Maintenance

Both services are invoiced differently, is there a way to assign a single user to two Groups? (Marketing Group / Maintenance Group)

This way if I wanted to pull a report on marketing clients, Client X would show as part of that data. Same for pulling a report on the maintenance group, they would show in that report too.

Thanks.

Go to the profile page: Manage then change the client group.

You can also set different client groups per order form so they are automatically put into that client group.

Go to the profile page: Manage then change the client group.

You can also set different client groups per order form so they are automatically put into that client group.

So just to clarify, a single client can in fact be assigned to multiple groups then?

Thanks for your help again!

Oh ok, is this something you think may change moving forward in a future version? As I mentioned, pulling reports on clients and analyzing data with the different services offered definitely would be useful.

Not sure Paul would have to come in to say. I personally change people's groups manually

We have no plans to allow clients to be members of multiple client groups. This would introduce ambiguity because client groups can have their own settings, which in turn might conflict.

Thank you Paul for the response. Given my example above is there a workaround that you could suggest or I guess I could figure out how to build a custom report...

Thank you Paul for the response. Given my example above is there a workaround that you could suggest or I guess I could figure out how to build a custom report...

You're looking for a custom report to see who is in what client group? Here's the docs on custom reports - https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Generating+Reports#GeneratingReports-AddingaCustomReport

The query you'd need to include in the report will depend on all of the data you expect to be included in the report.

You're looking for a custom report to see who is in what client group? Here's the docs on custom reports - https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Generating+Reports#GeneratingReports-AddingaCustomReport

The query you'd need to include in the report will depend on all of the data you expect to be included in the report.

Thank you Paul, I will check out the documentation and see what I am come up with.