Support Manager Plugin - Deleting Knowledgebase Category Shows Blank Alertbox

hyperjohn

Description -

After adding a publicly accessible category and a publicly accessible article in that category in the knowledge base, when I try to delete that category, it doesn't show any errors. It just shows a blank red alert box. (which indicates something like, I cannot delete this category, delete the article first then the category. )

It should show some kind of error message and not just the alert box as shown in the screenshot.

Assumptions I will make -

For the sake of this thread, your domain is http://yoursite.com and you have installed blesta 3.6.0 in /portal/ folder. Both your domain name and installation folder might be different but I doubt it'll make any difference.

How to replicate -

Step 1 - Install Blesta 3.6.0 . It comes with Support manager plugin enabled by default.

Step 2 - Login into blesta admin panel , hover over "Support" tab then go to "Knowledge base" link. Direct link should look like http://yoursite.com/portal/admin/plugin/support_manager/admin_knowledgebase/ .

Step 3 - First add a category. Details of it are as follows -

Name - I believe, you can choose any name. I chose "testingcat".

Parent Category - None

Accessibility - Public

Description - Anything you wish to enter

After entering all the details, press "Create Category" button.

Step 4 - Add an article . Details of it are as follows -

Title - Anything you wish to enter

Content Type - Markdown ( I chose that, not sure if It'll matter )

Body - Anything you wish to enter

Accessibility - Public

Category - Choose the category we added using Step 3.

After entering all the details, press "Create article" button.

Step 5 - Now go to the main "Knowledge base" page/link and you should be seeing your category added under "Home Directory". Since I chose "testingcat" as my category , I was seeing "testingcat (Edit/Delete) " . Press "Delete" and you will see the popup with description "Are you sure you want to delete this category? All subcategories and articles within this category will be moved to the parent category" . Press Yes

THE BUG -  Now you should be seeing the symptom described and shown in the screenshots .

My Test -

I tested it on 2 different servers. (thus the 2 screenshots)

1st one is on shared hosting environment running cPanel.

OS - CentOS 6

version of Blesta - 3.6.0

version of plugin - Support Manager (ver 2.10.0)

version of PHP & MySQL -  PHP 5.4 , MySQL - too lazy to check. I will, if needs be.

2nd one is a VPS running Plesk.

OS - CentOS 7

version of Blesta - 3.6.0

version of plugin - Support Manager (ver 2.10.0)

version of PHP & MySQL -  too lazy to check. I will, if needs be.

Note to admins/mods - I did read "Read First! How To Report A Bug" sticky. If I did something wrong, feel free to edit any parts of this thread or ask for more information. I will comply.

post-11455-0-76463900-1447065548_thumb.p

post-11455-0-98374600-1447065551_thumb.p

I think He is refering to empty red error space without any text notice,I try this and yes it doesn't generate any text.

Bingo !

Nice find, correct there's no error message in the alert box when the category has articles it.

Video: http://screencast.com/t/wC7jEXjTrT

PS: Sorry the beta team and I forgot to check that in 3.3 (face palm)

Good to know I'm not alone ! Being alone is scary

so is a missed language phrase .

If by that you mean , missing text message inside that red alert box, then yes. 

• 3 months later...