Allow Client To Change Term - No Invoice Generated

evolvewh

Under Settings -->> Billing / Payments -->> Invoice and Charge Options -->> Allow Clients to Change Service Terms (checked)

When a client changes the term, there is a 0 balance shown and no invoice generated for the difference. The client clicks 'save' and thinks they are done.

If this is not caught in time, the cron runs and the service is upgraded automatically.

I just had this happen with a domain and I have to manually bill for it, hoping the client actually pays for it (I've already been charged for it). I also have to manually change the renew date under 'Manage' for the service so that the system doesn't generate another invoice and allow the module to renew it for another year on top of this.

I do not know if this is module specific or if it's happening any time someone changes a term (for any type of service). I've turned off this option and the 'Allow Clients to Change Service Package' option for now. I can't afford to have this keep happening.

I can open a feature request if needed but it would be nice for the admin(s) to receive a notification whenever a client changes the term or service package. Otherwise, it's very hard to keep track of.

Blesta v3.6.1 with the core Logicboxes module.

Slight correction to the post: An invoice is generated but it's prorated for $0.00

What is the issue exactly? The service term change of $0.00 is not accurate? What would be accurate? What package prices are used (to/from)? What config options have changed [and how much do those cost (to/from)]?

It sounds like the term change resulted in no additional prorated cost, or perhaps even a credit to the client (if you have that enabled) for the price difference. If that's the case, then this may be normal behavior.

What is the issue exactly? The service term change of $0.00 is not accurate? What would be accurate? What package prices are used (to/from)? What config options have changed [and how much do those cost (to/from)]?

It sounds like the term change resulted in no additional prorated cost, or perhaps even a credit to the client (if you have that enabled) for the price difference. If that's the case, then this may be normal behavior.

This was for a domain where the term was changed from 1 year to 10 years at first. I was testing this for the client, so I used the 'login as client' feature to go through the same steps. I immediately changed it back (within 5 minutes of the cron running) to 1 year because the term change was not yet authorized by the client. When I did this, logicboxes ran and renewed the domain for 1 year. I have 3 configurable options set for this service but none were changed.

When I changed it to 10 years, a prorated invoice for $0 was generated which I kind of expected. I figured that if I left this to 10 years, they would receive an invoice 21 days before renewal for 10 years.

When I changed it back from 10 years to 1 year, it generated a prorated invoice for $0 and then renewed the domain for 1 year. Payment was never collected and the domain has now been renewed until 5/10/17.

Date that I made these changes: 4/10/16

Date the service was originally scheduled to be renewed: 5/10/16

Invoice days before renewal date: 21

ther are a option that the change will not take effect until the invoice generate was paid .

but what i can't understand is when changing termfrom 5 to 1 year the domain was renewed !!

I agree about the renewal. The other issue with the 'paid status' is that the invoice was for $0 so there wasn't anything due.

I believe the service renewed because it had a paid invoice ($0) that was generated from the service change.

I'm sure that was the case.

What is not right is this:

If I were to have left this at 10 years, or any other term (or if the client changed this from their account), there would have been an invoice for $0, the service would have been renewed and in the case of a domain, we can't get our money back from the reseller or undo that renewal within a resellers system (I could see this being the same for GoGetSSL, TheSSLStore, Enom, etc). That leaves us on the hook and hoping the client is faithful and pays for the 'upgrade'.

Also, there is no email sent to any of the company admins stating that a change was made. I think this would be a nice feature to have and I can make a feature request for it.

• 2 weeks later...