Login Via Email Only

John

One of the most common phone calls that I get from my clients when it comes to Blesta is forgetting what their username was.

Most of the time it is simply the users email address, but the field says 'Username' and not 'Email', so they try many different usernames, not even thinking to try their email address. To make the matter worse, the reset password field asks for their username as well, and it gives a success message regardless, forcing them to contact me.

Can we either eliminate the username option or make the field say 'Email/Username'?

An option to force email address as the username (default) and not allow clients to set a different username would be necessary. The problem is that some users may necessarily have multiple accounts that use the same email address, which wouldn't be possible under such a schema so we'd have to let admins decide how they want to handle it. Plus, backwards compatibility.

Can't there be an account dropdown on the top right once they're logged in? 

I.e : If you have 4 actual accounts, at the top right or wherever makes the most sense, you can an account dropdown and can select it there. That's how we managed permissions with designers who had access to multiple customer accounts at my previous company. 

• 2 weeks later...