Removing a price

TDBilling

Question

16 answers to this question

a soft delete of pricing is a must have now, we have the same probleme in so many packages . we are sure the term price is not used anywhere . when we have imported from v2.5 , some package has a lot of term price doubled 10 times or more, and we can't delete it from admin UI , an we can't restrict  package as it used in so many plans .

no time for me to enter database & delete about 100 lines .all of them are 1 term with price 0 . i remember a task for this already exist .  i hope it done in v 4 .

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Oh just to add.. for imported packages, from 2.5 or in cases where you need to delete pricing that's in use.. I suggest marking the package as inactive or restricted and adding a new package instead. Until CORE-1041 is resolved anyway.

as mentioned above , for some package we can't put them in inactive or restricted .

my question is why some terms are not in use and we can't delete them ? like my screenshot , i have tried to delete one by one but always the same error .

3 hours ago, naja7host said:

as mentioned above , for some package we can't put them in inactive or restricted .

my question is why some terms are not in use and we can't delete them ? like my screenshot , i have tried to delete one by one but always the same error .

Are you certain they are not in use? By "in use" I mean any service is using the pricing id, regardless of the status of the service (Active, pending, cancelled, etc).

Mine is 100% not in use. I imported over from WHMCS and the monthly cost is not in use at all. I have switched the plan that was on it to a custom restricted package. I need to keep the annual fee for my silver package but not the monthly. Just need a way to delete the monthly fee.

3 hours ago, TDBilling said:

Mine is 100% not in use. I imported over from WHMCS and the monthly cost is not in use at all. I have switched the plan that was on it to a custom restricted package. I need to keep the annual fee for my silver package but not the monthly. Just need a way to delete the monthly fee.

so i'm not lonely here .

On 8/8/2016 at 4:20 PM, naja7host said:

when i get time i will make a further investigation in this . what i can imagine is the services are canceled for all the unused pricing maybe , but not sur .

That is likely the case. Even cancelled services that use the pricing_id will cause it not to be deleted. It could cause issues when queries try to look up the pricing for a cancelled service. This is why the soft delete is necessary, to remove it from view and ability to order, but still maintain the link.