Support Manager - See previous tickets associated to client/email

Rocketz

One feature I'd really like is being able to have a list of previous tickets a customer or email opened. Could be the last 5 tickets, or let us actually select the threshold and database hit we want to take with that kind of feature

Could be below the ticket, or a new column on the right side of the support ticket view. With active links and being able to view the ticket ID and subject on that same screen. 

Can even make it fancy.. on mouse hover, you see the customer's first post to the ticket, or last one. Or the note on the ticket. But before anything fancy, I'd just like the feature to actually be put in place :) 

It's a workflow issue. When you have a lot of tickets, you want that information right in front of you. Just because there's another way to do it, doesn't mean it can't be improved on :) 

4 hours ago, evolvewh said:

What about search filters at the top of the ticket list? 1 to search by ticket # and 1 to search by client name? Date range would be another one to add. Sorry to hi jack this thread if it's not quite in line with the idea you have.

I agree with this. At another company, we built our helpdesk to show all tickets from an email address, but the hits to the database started slowing everything down. So we showed only the most recent tickets, and on another page, you could search within a date range. I'm okay with that idea

On 8/13/2016 at 9:47 AM, Licensecart said:

You can just go to their client profile page and on the support widget see closed tab, or awaiting reply or in progress.

With the power of databases and queries, users shouldn't have to go the extra steps for that. It's not about being lazy. It's about efficiency.