Switching To Blesta Is Kind Of Like The Switch From Windows To Apple...

evolvewh

When I made that switch, I was always over thinking things and making it harder because the PC wasn't too user friendly.  So far, I think the same is happening with Blesta.  It's easier to use but I over think it because I'm use to a different, more difficult to use program.

Haha I love Macs but I'm not rich enough to get one :) so the PC will suit me fine. However I felt the same when I went on Blesta 2.5 as I was used to using the rubbish people call WHM**. It was easy when I found out where everything is, however I believe the 3.0 is much easier to use than 2.5 the way everything is organised, and I believe it's probably because I've used it from the beta b1.  

When I made that switch, I was always over thinking things and making it harder because the PC wasn't too user friendly.  So far, I think the same is happening with Blesta.  It's easier to use but I over think it because I'm use to a different, more difficult to use program.

Awesome. I think we've used the same MS/Apple analogy around the office!

This conversation reminded me of this image: http://lokwi.com/upl/1252.jpg

I grew up on Windows. Well, sorta. When I was 13 years of age I was already making money building websites for local clubs/businesses. When I saved up enough money I built my first computer, and installed SuSE Linux Personal Edition. I've been running Linux ever since. After a couple of other distro's I ended up on Gentoo and stuck with it (sorta, now using Funtoo).

When my wife and I first moved in together after high school she had her heart set on a Mac because they were pretty. So I bought her a 2nd Gen Mac Mini. She absolutely hated it. After a couple of weeks we installed Gentoo on it and she was much happier.

My kids will be so very confused when they hit school and start using Windows (assuming its still the "standard" by then).

My first computer was running Windows, and in a typical work day I use Windows, Linux, and OSX. I find each has their strong points.

I only first became interested in Apple computers with the introduction of OSX. As a Linux guy, I was drawn in by the shell.. where I feel most comfortable. So, it's a Macbook pro and a Windows and Linux desktop.