PayPal Subscription Didn't Go Through

mlsto

Question

Hello

Completed the manual CE import but noticed a recurring payment from PayPal did not record. Not sure why, I did the redirect in the htaccess file so not sure what happened.

Also there is no callback folder so is this correct?

This what I used - Redirect 301 /plugins/gateways/paypal/callback.php /callback/gw/1/paypal_payments_standard/

Any suggestions

Thank you in advance

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mlsto said:

Hello

Completed the manual CE import but noticed a recurring payment from PayPal did not record. Not sure why, I did the redirect in the htaccess file so not sure what happened.

Also there is no callback folder so is this correct?

This what I used - Redirect 301 /plugins/gateways/paypal/callback.php /callback/gw/1/paypal_payments_standard/

Any suggestions

Thank you in advance

Do you have only 1 company, no addon companies in Blesta? If not, then the ID 1 in there is correct.

Did the call get logged, check Tools > Logs > Gateway tab. Click to expand.

Normally the client ID is passed to PayPal and included in the callback IPN URL, so that each client has a unique IPN URL. This isn't possible for these pre-existing subscriptions, so Blesta will look for a client email address that matches the one in the IPN request. If the clients email and their PayPal email is not the same, it will not be able to find it.

13 hours ago, Paul said:

Do you have only 1 company, no addon companies in Blesta? If not, then the ID 1 in there is correct.

Did the call get logged, check Tools > Logs > Gateway tab. Click to expand.

Normally the client ID is passed to PayPal and included in the callback IPN URL, so that each client has a unique IPN URL. This isn't possible for these pre-existing subscriptions, so Blesta will look for a client email address that matches the one in the IPN request. If the clients email and their PayPal email is not the same, it will not be able to find it.

@Paul

Is this an issue as i asked on chat regarding PP subscription that exist in WHMCS (soon in Blesta) prior to the migration over to Blesta? As @mlsto is pointing out, we do also have many of such subscriptions where users use different email at PP and in WHMCS. Will this be an issue in regard to receiving the recurring payment? This can trigger annoyance among many of our users just because we change the billing systems.

Please elaborate on this so we can find a solution to avoid users needing to intervene in order to get this working after the migration to Blesta as well.

Thanks.

Part of the issue is that Blesta doesn't actually reference the PayPal subscription ID. Each IPN call is unique to the client ID, which works fine except when importing from another system. So, if there is no client ID, Blesta tries to match the right account by email address. This works fine if the PayPal email is the same as the client email.

The best solution would be if Blesta stores the PayPal subscription ID, and uses that as a reference.