PayPal IPN Failure Since Change

mlsto

Question

Hello

Since I moved over to Blesta from CE I am now getting failure messages from paypal about the ipn url. It seems clients with subscriptions have the client exec url still which is locked to their subscription. Is there a way to get this url to direct to the blesta url as paypal may disable ipn on my account.

Other option I see is to cancel all recurring subscriptions in paypal and have clients pay when their invoices are due.

Hoping I do not have to go this way.

Thank you for any help on this.

10 answers to this question

5 hours ago, mlsto said:

Hello

Since I moved over to Blesta from CE I am now getting failure messages from paypal about the ipn url. It seems clients with subscriptions have the client exec url still which is locked to their subscription. Is there a way to get this url to direct to the blesta url as paypal may disable ipn on my account.

Other option I see is to cancel all recurring subscriptions in paypal and have clients pay when their invoices are due.

Hoping I do not have to go this way.

Thank you for any help on this.

Not sure if this will help. Try this:

Profile -> Profile and Settings -> My Selling Tools -> Instant payment notifications

change the URL to the gateway callback.

-Adam

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Not sure if this will help. Try this:

Profile -> Profile and Settings -> My Selling Tools -> Instant payment notifications

change the URL to the gateway callback.

-Adam

Thanks Adam

This is already done but the subs are locked to the former IPN Url.

You can use the router to add backwards compatibility with the CE IPN URL

Add in your config/routes.php

Router::route("^my/old/callback.php", "callback");

replacing my/old/callback.php with your old CE url.

This only works if your Blesta installation is installed exactly in the same domain/subdomain that your old CE installation.

Have you added a redirect in your .htaccess file?

Redirect 301 /modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php /callback/gw/1/paypal_payments_standard/

Replace the first path to that which your CE install uses, and the second is the one for Blesta. The "1" in the path denotes company ID 1. If you don't have any addon companies, then it's just 1. Assumes you have Blesta installed in the doc root / so if you have it in a sub-directory like /billing/, then prepend that to the path.

Blesta will try to apply the payment by matching the email address to an account. If the email address does not match, it will not be able to apply the payment.

Thanks all

Paul I do have that in htaccess, I did post before that the subs are not going through as some persons have different email addresses to their signup emails. The other thing I did not include is the installation directory so I have added the /clients/ and see if that helps.

If that does not work I will try cyandard's code.

I am hoping one works as this means I would have to cancel all subscriptions and clients pay when due, just did not want to go that way.

Thank you

2 hours ago, mlsto said:

@cyandark I am seeing you are saying to use your way I have to have the same directory as CE, I am using /clients/ for Blests and was using /client/ for CE so need to change Blesta to /client/  and not /clients/ for yours to work?

Hope for help on this.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, This code works only if is exactly the same directory.

Thank you for the assistance @cyandark

I have decided to cancel all PayPal subscriptions as I did not want to have persons move to another client folder again after having moved from CE, people are still resetting passwords. I think this is best.

Only thing is some are asking why the cancelled subs in PayPal so having to answer these but think this is the best way.