Why Does The Payment Page Redirect After A Few Minutes

mlsto

Question

Hello

I notice when the payment page comes up it redirects after a few seconds to non-subscription, (I have one time and subscription enabled) there are link logos for customers to choose if to do a one time or subscription with PayPal so why does it automatically go to the one time payment, shouldn't it stay on the page till the customer chooses the payment they want?

Is this how Blesta works?

Thank you for any advice on this.

15 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Still awaiting an option for the above. Seeing no comments. Would appreciate any help on this. Stopping it or adjusting the time it redirects. Support seems to disappear on certain things.

So this only happens on the order form, not if clients are making a payment from within the client area. This file is responsible: ~/plugins/order/views/templates/wizard/javascript/checkout_complete.js (If you're not using wizard the path may be different. Here's the code:

$(document).ready(function() {
		$(".payment_buttons form").first().delay(5000).queue(function() {
            $(this).submit();
        });
	});

You can change the delay (5 seconds) by increasing the value in milliseconds. 5000 can be changed to 20000 and then it'll redirect after 20 seconds.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

It redirects if they don't make a decision and leave the page waiting, and I believe this is intentional, probably a feature request though I can't find anything about it in my quick search.

Thanks Paul

Understand the logic but think it should stay on the page till they choose, I find it redirects quickly, a few seconds, sorry if I said minutes. Can I adjust the redirect time?

Thanks again

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I'm sure it can be adjusted, but I was not able to quickly find out where it occurs. I don't think the gateway is doing, it might be the order plugin.

So is there anyway you can find this out for me.

Would be much appreciated.

Thank you

i have not experienced this issue, or any clients has reported it, but if exist a redirect time in the payment page, i think it should be removed.

is a payment page, that mean probably it can convert to a money, really i don't like the redirect idea. instead why not a popup Message about that should be displayed to the user to invite him to make the payment as soon as possible .

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

i have not experienced this issue, or any clients has reported it, but if exist a redirect time in the payment page, i think it should be removed.

is a payment page, that mean probably it can convert to a money, really i don't like the redirect idea. instead why not a popup Message about that should be displayed to the user to invite him to make the payment as soon as possible .

Yes there is a redirect time of a few seconds, I find it is a bit too fast as the client cannot make a decision to pay one time or subscribe.

@Paul any update on where I can change the timer?

Thank you

6 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

I've never experienced it either mate i wonder if they check PayPal and wait, but then again I'm sure I did that on the Blesta client area and didn't get redirected.

1 hour ago, mlsto said:

As Paul stated it is there. Do you have payments as only subscriptions? Maybe that is the issue, I have as one time and subscriptions.

Maybe not sure.

I allow both on Licensecart, but I think Paul only has one time payments. No-one has brought it up to me but I have to say the only issue I have is the pro-rata isn't charged for the first time.

I have created a screencast video of the redirect, it shows I do not click any buttons and it automatically redirects to PayPal after a few seconds. Would be good if this can be turned off or you can adjust the time. Disregard the protected browser in the video but you can see it redirects to PayPal.

See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/Ojosdyi2u 

Hope this can be fixed as not enough time to choose.

On 5/8/2017 at 2:27 PM, mlsto said:

I have created a screencast video of the redirect, it shows I do not click any buttons and it automatically redirects to PayPal after a few seconds. Would be good if this can be turned off or you can adjust the time. Disregard the protected browser in the video but you can see it redirects to PayPal.

See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/Ojosdyi2u 

Hope this can be fixed as not enough time to choose.

Still awaiting an option for the above. Seeing no comments. Would appreciate any help on this. Stopping it or adjusting the time it redirects. Support seems to disappear on certain things.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

So this only happens on the order form, not if clients are making a payment from within the client area. This file is responsible: ~/plugins/order/views/templates/wizard/javascript/checkout_complete.js (If you're not using wizard the path may be different. Here's the code:

$(document).ready(function() {
		$(".payment_buttons form").first().delay(5000).queue(function() {
            $(this).submit();
        });
	});

You can change the delay (5 seconds) by increasing the value in milliseconds. 5000 can be changed to 20000 and then it'll redirect after 20 seconds.

Have only tried on the order form, will try this, thank you the assistance Paul. Will test and let you know.

Thanks again