Payment By Credit Return Error

Blesta Addons

when the client want tot pay a invoice with the credit he have in account . when he select the apply credit , blesta return a error message and a success message ;

The available credits have been applied, but a balance still exists. Please complete this transaction by paying the remainder below.
Please select a payment option.

and no transaction is recorded . i have recheck and it give me the same error .

is blesta checking if the any gateway is selected when it process a apply credit ?

another case , when no gateway available for the currency , and client has a credit , in the payment page it show apply by credit , but without button to continue .

the client can't pay . i don't think this is intentional .

You have to tick the box and the payment gateway to check out and pay the rest, unless you mean the credit is the full invoice value, which it works for me.

letting other try to reproduce the bugs.

what about the second issue , if credit exist and no available payment method (no gateways, no payments accounts) ?

when the client want tot pay a invoice with the credit he have in account . when he select the apply credit , blesta return a error message and a success message ;

The available credits have been applied, but a balance still exists. Please complete this transaction by paying the remainder below.
Please select a payment option.

and no transaction is recorded . i have recheck and it give me the same error .

is blesta checking if the any gateway is selected when it process a apply credit ?

When paying via credit, the transaction already exists. If the credit does not cover the full amount, then the client will receive the messages you've described--that the credit was applied, but it did not cover the full amount, so additional payment is required.

another case , when no gateway available for the currency , and client has a credit , in the payment page it show apply by credit , but without button to continue .

the client can't pay . i don't think this is intentional .

The client cannot pay because there are no methods to pay with--no CC, ACH, or non-merchant gateways. Applying an existing credit to specific invoices is a bit different, but I do agree they should still be able to apply a credit when no payment methods exist. See CORE-2105. This is likely a very uncommon issue to experience.

another issue is the payment_details , is hidden if payment by CC and ACH is not enabled in the system .  normally it shouldn't exist in the view even if is hidden, as it never used it has no sense exist as hidden .

Whether that information is set in the template when payment types are disabled bears no consequence. There is some javascript that checks that information even when it's hidden, so it's probably best to leave it as-is.

When paying via credit, the transaction already exists. If the credit does not cover the full amount, then the client will receive the messages you've described--that the credit was applied, but it did not cover the full amount, so additional payment is required.

The client cannot pay because there are no methods to pay with--no CC, ACH, or non-merchant gateways. Applying an existing credit to specific invoices is a bit different, but I do agree they should still be able to apply a credit when no payment methods exist. See CORE-2105. This is likely a very uncommon issue to experience.

Whether that information is set in the template when payment types are disabled bears no consequence. There is some javascript that checks that information even when it's hidden, so it's probably best to leave it as-is.

1/ but in my case , no transaction is recorded , the normal scenario it should record a payment and then show a warning message , not a succes with a error message !!!

2. thenks  for the CORE2105  , i hope it can be fixed in v4 , as this is a essencial for us with some special clients in africa .

3/ for me no matter if exist or not , it was just a riminder for the staff .

1/ but in my case , no transaction is recorded , the normal scenario it should record a payment and then show a warning message , not a succes with a error message !!!

Why would a new transaction be recorded when you are paying via credit? A "payment" via credit means that there exists a remaining amount from some previous payment, i.e., an existing transaction has not been applied in full. So, no transaction is created for applying a credit since one already exists.

If you apply a credit and make a payment at the same time, then yes, a transaction is created in the amount of the payment, but not the credit.

Transaction is recorded when you get money... if there's invoices it's credit: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/creditbalance.asp so there's a transaction already and they can use that credit on their account to pay invoices.

Why would a new transaction be recorded when you are paying via credit? A "payment" via credit means that there exists a remaining amount from some previous payment, i.e., an existing transaction has not been applied in full. So, no transaction is created for applying a credit since one already exists.

If you apply a credit and make a payment at the same time, then yes, a transaction is created in the amount of the payment, but not the credit.

i prefer see a warning message rather than a error message .

what normally it should show is a warning message and redirect the client to the dashboard , when the credit was applied . 

showing the error message & staying in the same page mean for me and my client that the apply credit was not done and the system require something from them that is not available for them !!!!!! 

i have tested my sefl and really is confusing for me also , as i have tought that the credit was not applied and i should do something i don(t know what is it !!!!  , so for my point of view here when the client try to pay a partial amount with the credit , when he apply the credit , the system should return it to the dashboard saying that the credit was applied successfully , and the invoice(s) still remain to be fully paid . 

what normally it should show is a warning message and redirect the client to the dashboard , when the credit was applied . 

showing the error message & staying in the same page mean for me and my client that the apply credit was not done and the system require something from them that is not available for them !!!!!! 

i have tested my sefl and really is confusing for me also , as i have tought that the credit was not applied and i should do something i don(t know what is it !!!!  , so for my point of view here when the client try to pay a partial amount with the credit , when he apply the credit , the system should return it to the dashboard saying that the credit was applied successfully , and the invoice(s) still remain to be fully paid . 

The message seems clear to me. What is confusing about the phrasing?

- Credits have been applied

- Balance still remains (because credits didn't cover the full amount due)

- A statement asks to pay the remainder

A warning message is typically shown for inaction, as a notification. The messages shown on the payment page are in reply to actions: two possible ones that can occur at the same time:

1. Apply a credit

2. Make a payment

In order to complete the payment process for an invoice, you either need to apply a credit for the total of the invoice being paid, or you need to make a payment for the unpaid amount.

In your case, you applied a credit to an invoice (success message!), but it did not cover the full amount. You did not select a payment method to pay the remainder, so you cannot continue to complete the payment process for the invoice (error message!).

The total amount due is shown on the payment page, so even after you receive the success message that the credit was applied, and the error message for not selecting a payment method, you can see that the total due has been reduced by the credit that was applied.

Why would you want the client to be redirected to the dashboard? They would have to go through the payment process again in the event they made a simple mistake of not selecting a payment method, which is arguably the most common use case. That seems arduous for them. I think accepting payment from customers should be made as simple as possible for them. There's no reason to make it more difficult for them to pay you.

First sorry for my bad english, mybe i don't have the capacity to explain well !

The message seems clear to me. What is confusing about the phrasing?

- Credits have been applied
- Balance still remains (because credits didn't cover the full amount due)
- A statement asks to pay the remainder

i don't claim about the sentence , my claim was about showing a success and a error message in the same time !

In your case, you applied a credit to an invoice (success message!), but it did not cover the full amount. You did not select a payment method to pay the remainder, so you cannot continue to complete the payment process for the invoice (error message!).

with your explanation , i think i have discovered the issue , this issue is related i think to my other issue (CORE-2105) .

here we are fronting a case that has a relation with the model business and the question is :

you allow client pay partial invoice ? allow your client to pay the invoice in 3 payments before the due date ?

let me explain a my point of view , i have a client that has invoice with 100$ . my client will make a payment of 40$ with Gateway X , another payment of 40$ with gateway Y , another payment of 20$ with gateway Z, my client will not see any error in the 3 payments even if they will not cover the full invoice .

the second scenario , when he pay the first payment of 40$ with Gateway X, the second of 40$ with the his credit , here will not show a success payment (or let say success apply of credit) , he will see a error message with a success message .

so to resume the case , the clients when they want to pay with thiers credits is not necessary to check if they select gateways or not . as they already selected the credit , already blesta change the button label when they select apply credit .

NOTE : now i remember a old threads ,first one talking about order form i think ajax version , there are no option for client to apply credit with the order , the second thread was a request to allow/disallow the showing of the apply credit in the client side (payment page) . 

that time i have suggested to make the apply credit as a GATEWAY .

now what i can suggest again :

1 - option in admin side to enable/disable apply credit option in payment page (nothing to have with the auto apply credit  with cronjob) .

2 - convert apply credit to a nomarchent  gateway , or allow applying credit without the need to check a gateway if selected .

i hope that my ideas was clear enough .