Question On New Invoices When Client Has Oustanding Debt

gutterboy

Question

Consider the following example.....

1. User is sent an invoice for $45.00 - User doesn't pay and becomes overdue

2. User is sent a new invoice for $35.00

Now, does this new invoice say anything about the overdue $45.00? ...or does it just look like a normal invoice requesting $35.00?

I know you can send overdue notices and all, but just wondering if the new invoices have any indication of overdue debt at all? As the user may think they just owe $35 since the overdue debt wasn't mentioned on their latest invoice.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

The outstanding balance is not carried forward to the new invoice. However, the previous balance IS available to the PDF.. the data is there, so you could modify the PDF to include that if you want to.

There was some debate in the past about this, and I think making it an option would be the best way to go.

I think making it an option would be the best way to go.

I completely agree, even possibly to the point of an option per package maybe (maybe invoice package groups).

Not really required, but I could see the benefit of being able to add past due balances of hosting services to the next hosting invoice, but possibly not including a web design service or something else that's past due.  Might be too complicated, but just a random thought.