Does Your Customers Use Your Knowledgebase / Faq Sections?

Michael

A majority of customers will refuse to read regardless. But a lot depends on how you advertise your FAQ section. You have to make sure there is a very noticeable link on your home page. Above that, frequently advertise to where you have contact with your customers (newsletters, twitter, blog, etc..)

A majority of customers will refuse to read regardless. But a lot depends on how you advertise your FAQ section. You have to make sure there is a very noticeable link on your home page. Above that, frequently advertise to where you have contact with your customers (newsletters, twitter, blog, etc..)

I don't advertise my section, it is on the site but the google bot just indexes them and because people search the keywords and I get loads of visitors using it. Some customers check it to help them manage their VPS because they feel independent, but they can always contact us since all our services are managed.

I don't advertise my section, it is on the site but the google bot just indexes them and because people search the keywords and I get loads of visitors using it. Some customers check it to help them manage their VPS because they feel independent, but they can always contact us since all our services are managed.

I brought up advertising it so your clients will be more aware of it's existence and be more inclined to refer to the FAQ's before contacting your support.

I find FAQ really when they are combined with the opening of a ticket. Most IT ticketing system has a KB system and when somebody enters the Ticket title, it suggest articles from the FAQ/KB. If this is not already part of Blesta, that would be nice :)

It's not yet, but it's expensive to get custom modules.

Last night:

usunyy1a.png

What is webpages? 

And what is the best/cheapest way to make a Knowledge Base? I'd like to make one, but my funds are very limited at this time. I still want it to be useful to my clients and have good SEO. 

Thanks for the tip!

Clare

What is webpages? 

And what is the best/cheapest way to make a Knowledge Base? I'd like to make one, but my funds are very limited at this time. I still want it to be useful to my clients and have good SEO. 

Thanks for the tip!

Clare

There's no way to do it unless you can code, because I thought it was simple to do since there's code you can use from the support manager but I'm a bit stuck.

@Paul@Cody and @Tyson might do one for us if there's a high demand, because they want it to be the best Billing system, which is now, but some of us like yourself, dave and myself really need / want one lol. It would cost them over $3,000 to do one.

However if we was to pay for ModulesGarden (Rip off Polish developers) would cost $600 - $900.

We will definitely be building a KB, the problem is that we have a really big list of things to do and it's not ranking up there very high at the moment. It will most likely be released as an update to the "Support Manager" plugin, which is the current ticket system. This will allow us to do some cool things like recommend certain KB entries when a user is about to open a ticket by scanning their question against KB tags.

We will definitely be building a KB, the problem is that we have a really big list of things to do and it's not ranking up there very high at the moment. It will most likely be released as an update to the "Support Manager" plugin, which is the current ticket system. This will allow us to do some cool things like recommend certain KB entries when a user is about to open a ticket by scanning their question against KB tags.

I personally wouldn't mind just a simple plain one for starters no fancy bits that can come later in other versions :D