Check Image Upload On Record A Payment.

Paul...

I have a business that receives a lot of checks (I don't see this going away anytime soon. A lot of my clients prefer paying by checks.) It would be nice to have an options to upload or scanned to upload an image of a check when recording a payment. 

Paul...

We also copy checks but they go in a locked filing cabinet. Having a copy of the check linked to the transaction would be convenient, but may raise some security concerns.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I like the idea because Xero does it for reciepts not sure about checks but I suppose it's alright if encrypted. Not sure if I'd use it though haha.

The more I thought about this. It would be nice to have an upload option on "Record a Payment"  Not just for checks but for any document that may support that payment transaction.   For the uploaded file,  a text field for a description of the document and check box to encrypt or not.   

Definitely not in the database, makes for large harder to restore, harder to backup databases. You should have a really good reason for using BLOB, and even if it was base64 encoded, too much data.

Doesn't seem like a lot of support for this, but I'm tempted to create a task anyway, that we'll get to, sometime. Anyone think of any reasons we *shouldn't* add this, except for the fact that it may clutter the UI?

I personally don't even think it needs to be a setting.  Having an uploadable image field should always be there.  You can either use it or not use it depending on your needs.

If you do use it have the image display (thumbnailed?) in the ui and full page if you click on it both in the admin and client side.  Maybe a checkbox to display it to the customer?