Need Help Building A Payment Gateway Module

randvegeta

Oh.. Then I can return null values, or even giberish and it will show the same thank you page and it won't matter. I'm returning empty values now and it looks fine!

I think in order to see the thank-you message, you need to return a non-empty value from success. But the gateway should return the expected data as described in the method's comments in case it is used in the future for more than it is now.

Looks like my module is done then! Tested and working. Took over a week.. but it's done!

Thanks for the help everyone.

Glad you were able to get it done! And now that it is done, what do you think of the process in terms of the gateway's flexibility, its difficulty in creating, etc.? If you had to create another gateway, would it be as daunting?

Glad you were able to get it done! And now that it is done, what do you think of the process in terms of the gateway's flexibility, its difficulty in creating, etc.? If you had to create another gateway, would it be as daunting?

Fundamentally, I didn't come across anything that would make me thin Blesta is a poorly coded or constructed, or anything like that. But as a non-developer, I'm not exactly qualified to judge either way. With that being said, it took me a good 30 - 40 hours longer than it took me to do the same work for WHMCS. I am sorry to say, based on the information I have, I found Blesta very rigid, with many assumptions about modules/plugins that over complicate things, and with practically no documentation.

My experience of the documentation was basically that there was none. I literally found no useful information of any kind in the documentation other than where to get the demo files. This is my biggest problem and criticisms,

Now that the module is working, I have some understanding of how it all works so if I were to do it again, it would be easier and much faster than before. But in my non-developer opinion, it was overly complex with too many hoops to jump through. There is no reason I can think of it should be much more difficult, or require more specific programming methodologies for Blesta than it would for WHMCS. Honestly what is the benefit?

I know this is probably starting to sound like a rant, but it honestly seemed to me that the module template was constructed in such a way.. just because! Like being OOP for the sake of being OOP. If I were to venture a guess, what happened was, someone was given a hammer, and everything started to look like nails. Again... just my non-developer opinion here. But at the end of the day, armed with the knowledge that Blesta is all nails and I now have a hammer, could probably take on other modules with more comfort and ease than before.

i'm watching you from the first post , you have beat a record in blesta forums , you know what is it ?

is posting questions and answering your questions in the same thread 

Isn't that what community forums are all about? What do other people do?

Fundamentally, I didn't come across anything that would make me thin Blesta is a poorly coded or constructed, or anything like that. But as a non-developer, I'm not exactly qualified to judge either way. With that being said, it took me a good 30 - 40 hours longer than it took me to do the same work for WHMCS. I am sorry to say, based on the information I have, I found Blesta very rigid, with many assumptions about modules/plugins that over complicate things, and with practically no documentation.

My experience of the documentation was basically that there was none. I literally found no useful information of any kind in the documentation other than where to get the demo files. This is my biggest problem and criticisms,

Now that the module is working, I have some understanding of how it all works so if I were to do it again, it would be easier and much faster than before. But in my non-developer opinion, it was overly complex with too many hoops to jump through. There is no reason I can think of it should be much more difficult, or require more specific programming methodologies for Blesta than it would for WHMCS. Honestly what is the benefit?

I know this is probably starting to sound like a rant, but it honestly seemed to me that the module template was constructed in such a way.. just because! Like being OOP for the sake of being OOP. If I were to venture a guess, what happened was, someone was given a hammer, and everything started to look like nails. Again... just my non-developer opinion here. But at the end of the day, armed with the knowledge that Blesta is all nails and I now have a hammer, could probably take on other modules with more comfort and ease than before.

Isn't that what community forums are all about? What do other people do?

Every "new toy" has a learning curve :)

I develop lots of modules for WHMCS, also for other billing systems like WHMAutoPilot, AWBS, ClienyExec and of course Blesta and I can say that blesta is the most complet, open and easy platform for us developers, to make use oglf our imagination and build extensions for it :)

I also motice for the lack of info on docs, but a good developer always find a way to learn and adapt :)

On WHMCS you can easily create modules but you are very limited on what you can do, you only can do what they allow to do, in blesta you can do everything :)

Like you said, more documentation for devs are welcome, but i prefer more core functionality like fixing some issues and add new features.

This community help each outher, so if you have any quaestions just ask :blesta:

I appreciate that Blesta may be more for developers but that really is a restriction to many. Not everyone is going to find it accessible. And given the increased complexity, I think more and better documentation is really needed.

On WHMCS you can easily create modules but you are very limited on what you can do, you only can do what they allow to do, in blesta you can do everything 

Nice to know that you can do things that Blesta DOESN'T allow you to do :P

Kidding aside, as a 'non' developer, I've found making custom modules for our business needs has been fairly easy/straight forward. We have our own custom server management system and integrated it with our WHMCS with ease. I somewhat dread the idea of doing the same with Blesta and I would personally consider the extra hurdles to jump as a limitation.

All things said and done, ACTUAL developers do seem to prefer Blesta so perhaps it is the only real choice for more competent programmers :-).

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2015 at 11:05 AM, randvegeta said:

I appreciate that Blesta may be more for developers but that really is a restriction to many. Not everyone is going to find it accessible. And given the increased complexity, I think more and better documentation is really needed.

Nice to know that you can do things that Blesta DOESN'T allow you to do :P

Kidding aside, as a 'non' developer, I've found making custom modules for our business needs has been fairly easy/straight forward. We have our own custom server management system and integrated it with our WHMCS with ease. I somewhat dread the idea of doing the same with Blesta and I would personally consider the extra hurdles to jump as a limitation.

All things said and done, ACTUAL developers do seem to prefer Blesta so perhaps it is the only real choice for more competent programmers :-).

Hello randvegeta nice to see you from LET I am glad you joined the "blesta" side and hope you are able to merge the whmcs system you use to blesta if you need any help I will be happy to help you.