Price Override On Service Creation

We should be able to do this when a service is created. We can't invoice with the wrong price, and if we don't invoice, we have to change the due date to generate a new invoice with the correct price.

Pricing is an integral part of service creation and provisioning, the ability to change it after the fact doesn't cut it.

We have a patch for this which we will post shortly.

• 4 weeks later...

yes another basic feature where price is negotiated with customer and then finalised. it is really helpful. this exists in whmcs but not blesta. blesta is very slow in terms of development or adding features. it needs speeding up drastically.

Stop bloody comparing whmcs to Blesta, not everything has to be like whmcs, it's nothing to do with slow development it's unique and they add what people want / need aka feature requests. Not everyone loves the way whmcs does it. Shall they copy the way WHMCS does multi-currency and muck everything up just because WHMCS does it? See the big picture, maybe Microsoft should copy Sony because more people like the PS4.

Stop bloody comparing whmcs to Blesta, not everything has to be like whmcs, it's nothing to do with slow development it's unique and they add what people want / need aka feature requests. Not everyone loves the way whmcs does it. Shall they copy the way WHMCS does multi-currency and muck everything up just because WHMCS does it? See the big picture, maybe Microsoft should copy Sony because more people like the PS4.

And despite all of that, WHMCS is the industry leader. Blesta would be wise to take as many cues as possible from WHMCS.

See the big picture, maybe Microsoft should copy Sony because more people like the PS4.

Well, yeah.

I am not comparing. just saying that if they can do it blesta can do it better. but just do it already. anyways these are so basic features that a business requires them. not having them in the software just means that it's gonna be a problem for the admin as then all that left is workarounds.

maybe Blesta shouldnt copy features from others ...

but should create features that should be exist in default . that is :)

And despite all of that, WHMCS is the industry leader. Blesta would be wise to take as many cues as possible from WHMCS.

> See the big picture, maybe Microsoft should copy Sony because more people like the PS4.

Well, yeah.

Maybe very UK car company should be exactly the same as Land Rover because there are more Land rovers around in the UK… Maybe every web host should copy EIG because they are the biggest company out there? What happened to do only do the best things and do it your way not copying everyone else?

And they wonder why there's so many legal cases lately oh better copy them…. if people started jumping off a cliff would you join them "Hey if everyone else is doing better join them"?

maybe Blesta shouldnt copy features from others ...

but should create features that should be exist in default . that is :)

If you notice… Blesta does things first…. Blesta allows you to do what tiers you want…. a few months later WHMCS comes out with check boxes you tick to enable a tier. Blesta offers Responsive bootstrap theme…. the next version WHMCS does it as-well (not the best looking one but they copied).

So what has Blesta copied from that pile of crap (WHMCS) people seem to adore?

you don't understand. it not about brands or cars or copying features. it's about ease. secondly relating to your car example: whmcs is making car, blesta is making car so why blesta is not putting all the features in the car like whmcs is putting ?? maybe everyone doesn't need cruise control but some want it.

also this adamant behaviour has to go. software is made for people. people are not made for software. if you won't do it someone else will do it and people who came from whmcs to blesta will go away from blesta to that other one.

you don't understand. it not about brands or cars or copying features. it's about ease. secondly relating to your car example: whmcs is making car, blesta is making car so why blesta is not putting all the features in the car like whmcs is putting ?? maybe everyone doesn't need cruise control but some want it.

also this adamant behaviour has to go. software is made for people. people are not made for software. if you won't do it someone else will do it and people who came from whmcs to blesta will go away from blesta to that other one.

99.9999% of people want to do business the right way and don't up the prices you either don't touch the price or make it lower. 3 people here want to do it different and expect Blesta to comply with this way, and why? from most of the 3 people's replies mentions "WHMCS" because they do it… it must be right… I'm not going to waste my time or breath in this thread now the 3 people here want to do business wrong that's up to them but I'm not going to recommend them at all in my lifetime.

I'm not going to waste my time or breath in this thread now the 3 people here want to do business wrong that's up to them but I'm not going to recommend them at all in my lifetime.

This thread is a just a exemple, there are a lot of request that are more important than the one exist in this thread . (presonnally -1 for this request ) . but i'm talking globally .

there are some more essencial feature that should exist and natively (some of them exit as a plugin by other devs. ) but some others not . i don't wan to list them because i have a list that has more than 22 request and all of them are nessasary for a good software .

it's true also some of that request are in the JIRA list and from so many mounths ago , but they delayed them to feature releases ... 

EDIT : Something to read http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1502991 .

• 1 month later...

This is related to http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4776-ability-to-override-term-rather-than-only-price/ (See my reply to that thread here) That issue needs to be resolved first to allow the term to also be selected during service creation. We could implement price overrides only during service creation, but it wouldn't include the term until that issue is resolved.

This is related to http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4776-ability-to-override-term-rather-than-only-price/ (See my reply to that thread here) That issue needs to be resolved first to allow the term to also be selected during service creation. We could implement price overrides only during service creation, but it wouldn't include the term until that issue is resolved.

That would not be ideal but at least we would have something. Price override is much more common than term override.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...