Dates in blesta

Blesta Addons

i know it already talked this subject somewhere , i sorry to reopen the subject again, but is something that we are forced to talk in it .

blesta when generate invoice for renewal, the renew date of service change to +1term , so if the service is expired in 5-10-2016 , it show 5-10-2017, and this is confusing for our customers, some of them didn't pay the invoice just because they say their service will be expire next year!!!!

so this need some care, dates are essential for relation between the client and their services, date renew is not the date where the next invoicing date, so Next Invoice date si not the renew date .

the same with suspended date, i can't imagine the service will expire 9-10-2016 and is suspended two days later when we set Suspend Services Days After Due to 1 day . this already talked in a long thread with Mr Tyson. and this is cause of how blesta calculating dates , for me and for the all world the next day begin in 00;00 , for blesta the next day depend in time who the services was created, a simple case

Service Created in 10-9-2016 14:00 .

Renew date are 10-9-2017 14:00

Suspend date are 10-9-2017 14:00 + (Suspend Services Days After Due) let say 1 Day , this service will be suspended in 12-9-2017 when cronjob run .

normally blesta should take the calender date is begin in 00:00 nd not in time when the service created .

this behavior is affecting also invoices and reminders , but those is not trivial for us as the Suspension date and the Renew date .

Hi Tyson,

in my post there are two issue ,

1 - FIRST ISSUE 

first is simple i think  , just dates display . so a simple example .

Service Created in : 29-9-2016 for 1  year term . SO renew date is 29-9-2017 , Invoice Creation set to 7 days before .

The client show the fallowing in any date before the invoice is generated for renew.

Creation date 29-9-2016 , Renew date 29-9-2017 .

after the invoice is created he will see

Creation date 29-9-2016 , Renew date 29-9-2018 . that is confusing for him and us, normally the renew date should be updated (at least in the view) when invoice is paid .

2 - SECOND ISSUE 

this one is a bit complicated , the next invoice should be generated in 22-9-2017 , because 29/9 - 7 days = 22/9 . the invoice is generated in 23/9 . more sample in this thread

This problem has appeared only when we have moved from v2 .

Dates Another Episode !!!!

Service Creation : 05/09/2015

Service Expiration 05/09/2016

We set Schedule Cancellation to end of term in 29-08-2016 , after some days we found the service still active and is Schedule Cancellation is set to 05-09-2017 !!!!

the question is what is the meaning of end of term in Blesta ? why Blesta is update the Schedule Cancellation to 1 year plus (maybe is +1 term) is this related to the next invoice generation date ?

2 hours ago, naja7host said:

Dates Another Episode !!!!

Service Creation : 05/09/2015

Service Expiration 05/09/2016

We set Schedule Cancellation to end of term in 29-08-2016 , after some days we found the service still active and is Schedule Cancellation is set to 05-09-2017 !!!!

the question is what is the meaning of end of term in Blesta ? why Blesta is update the Schedule Cancellation to 1 year plus (maybe is +1 term) is this related to the next invoice generation date ?

I'm not following how 29-08-2016 became the end of term. Wouldn't it have been 05/09/2016? I've always seen blesta add another year automatically to the term as soon as an invoice has been generated to renew. I'm hoping the new void fixes they are working on will update this when the generated invoice is voided.

On 05/10/2016 at 2:30 PM, evolvewh said:

I'm not following how 29-08-2016 became the end of term. Wouldn't it have been 05/09/2016? I've always seen blesta add another year automatically to the term as soon as an invoice has been generated to renew. I'm hoping the new void fixes they are working on will update this when the generated invoice is voided.

when you want to Schedule Cancellation  for service  you get 3 option, End of Term , Specific Date and Do not cancel .

when you select end of term  (it mean the date the contract end) that has nothing to the date you set it even if 1 mount before or two days before service end date .

• 1 month later...

Another case :

We have a service set shulded cancellation to 14-11-2016 .

Today is 13-11-2016 in server date and also in local date .

The cancel action was run today at 13-11-2016 00:00 . The client has claim us as  we have terminated his service before the date shulded !!!

Another time i need to know from where and why blesta has a 1 day interval added to all his dates !!!!!

12 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

Another case :

We have a service set shulded cancellation to 14-11-2016 .

Today is 13-11-2016 in server date and also in local date .

The cancel action was run today at 13-11-2016 00:00 . The client has claim us as  we have terminated his service before the date shulded !!!

Another time i need to know from where and why blesta has a 1 day interval added to all his dates !!!!!

I think they had a task to use local server time for this but I don't know what the core task number is.