Fraud Order and 'In Review' Service

evolvewh

Question

We had an order come in that I marked as Fraud and I refunded the payment (figured I'd get a chargeback if I didn't). When I went to Billing -->> Services, the service ordered showed up under 'Review'. Shouldn't this service just disappear since I 'reviewed' the order and marked it as Fraud?

Maybe this has already been addressed as a task for 4.0 but I'm not sure.

9 answers to this question

In review services are deleted when the order is marked as fraud or cancelled. If it still exists, first make sure it's the same service from this order. You can manually delete it there. If it continues to happen, it may be a bug and we would need more details on how to reproduce.

11 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

Here's the details to reproduce:

1) Place an order for a service

2) Mark the order as fraud

3) Void / Refund the transaction

My only guess is that it's based on the order that I did it (step 2 and 3)

What version of Blesta? Any customizations or 3rd party extensions installed?

Anyone else able to duplicate this behavior?

8 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Yep I have 39 services In Review and they are fraud.

Looks like we have a lot more than that even, ha! This makes me wonder if there was a reason that cancelled or fraud orders do not have their "In Review" services deleted. My best guess is that there might be a need, on occasion, to figure out what the customer ordered and add it back. We've had to do this to fraud orders in the past, that ended up not being fraud.

So, rather than deleting them immediately, I wonder if they should be part of a new setting that cleans up unpaid, cancelled, or fraudulent orders such that after X days, those "In-Review" services would be deleted.

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

Looks like we have a lot more than that even, ha! This makes me wonder if there was a reason that cancelled or fraud orders do not have their "In Review" services deleted. My best guess is that there might be a need, on occasion, to figure out what the customer ordered and add it back. We've had to do this to fraud orders in the past, that ended up not being fraud.

So, rather than deleting them immediately, I wonder if they should be part of a new setting that cleans up unpaid, cancelled, or fraudulent orders such that after X days, those "In-Review" services would be deleted.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan mate so after 5 days or something delete them?

39 minutes ago, Paul said:

Why should they hang around at all when there is a voided invoice to reference what they originally had?

I think you figured it out now but I'm using v3.6.2 with no custom coding or plugins related to orders.

18 hours ago, Paul said:

Thoughts?

i will add this to the next version of clean unpaid orders plugins .