Suggestions for switching modules

evolvewh

Question

Is there an easy way or a solution coming to switch between modules? We have cPanel Extended setup from CyanDark but now I see that the Github repo is gone and I'm afraid we are going to have to switch back to the core cPanel module. If I'm not mistaken, I'll have to manually enter every clients service by adding a new one (to assign it to the core cPanel module) and cancel the cPanel Extended service. Is that correct?

10 answers to this question

From what I read he said he took it down as there was some security issues and he fixed it and will release a new one for 4.0.0. But if you want to swap then you have to either edit the database for the service_fields and remove unwanted rows / options per service and change if needed to since the names will be different or build an importer plugin.

3 hours ago, evolvewh said:

Is there an easy way or a solution coming to switch between modules?

Quick answer is no. Each module is unique, so any solution to move from one to another would also be unique. An attempt to generalize a mapping between any module and any other module could be done, but that seems sketchy at best, and custom changes would still likely be necessary.

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

Quick answer is no. Each module is unique, so any solution to move from one to another would also be unique. An attempt to generalize a mapping between any module and any other module could be done, but that seems sketchy at best, and custom changes would still likely be necessary.

I don't have any intention of trying to map out the code to change this but it is discouraging and I guess I shouldn't use any 3rd party modules / plugins anymore for this reason.

1 hour ago, evolvewh said:

I don't have any intention of trying to map out the code to change this but it is discouraging and I guess I shouldn't use any 3rd party modules / plugins anymore for this reason.

It would have been nice if the extended module used the same field names for service meta data (like domain, username, password), in which case there would be a greater chance of it working.

We have some cool news sort of along these lines that we'll probably announce after v4 comes out.

58 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

just to make note switching modules in v4 is not possible anymore from admin dashboard .

What do you mean exactly? I was never able to 'properly' switch from cPanel Extended to the Core cPanel module for example. I could change the module but I would have had to manually add every service back in to the system.

13 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

What do you mean exactly? I was never able to 'properly' switch from cPanel Extended to the Core cPanel module for example. I could change the module but I would have had to manually add every service back in to the system.

in v4 you can't either change the module from the package page .