Manually Adding Accounts from CE

mlsto

Question

Hello

I have started manually adding accounts from ClientExec setup but have a few questions.

I am using cPanel extended and notice it will not work as it needs the cpanel accounts imported, how can I import the cpanel accounts into Blesta. Does the normal cPanel module import accounts? The clients cPanel account cannot be managed in Blesta unless it is imported or setup.

So the cpanel account can be imported do I use the module or not as I do not want to add a new cpanel account for the client.

When I setup an account service should I create an invoice while setting it up or it will create a new invoice when the service is due.

Thank you for any answers to these.

Under Settings > Company > Modules you can install & configure the cPanel module. (Or extended cpanel if you have that) That's where you add your cPanel/WHM servers and API keys. Add your cPanel/WHM servers to a "Server Group".

Then, it's just a matter of creating your cPanel packages and adding the services for billing purposes. When adding services on a client profile page, under Add Service, just uncheck the "Use Module" option. You may want to go back and edit the service, adding the cPanel username and changing the renew date if necessary.

Thanks Paul,

I have all that I was just seeking how a client can manage their cpanel in the blesta dashboard. It seems from what I can see that a lot of features do not work in cpanel extended, you can only view and change a few things. Getting errors or cannot retrieve that information or blank pages with it, so that maybe the issue. I will have to use your other cpanel.

One of the main reasons I wanted to switch was for cpanel extended but see that is a no go.

34 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Thanks Paul,

I have all that I was just seeking how a client can manage their cpanel in the blesta dashboard. It seems from what I can see that a lot of features do not work in cpanel extended, you can only view and change a few things. Getting errors or cannot retrieve that information or blank pages with it, so that maybe the issue. I will have to use your other cpanel.

One of the main reasons I wanted to switch was for cpanel extended but see that is a no go.

they can manage it by clicking manage on the service row and also clicking the row on the services box for a log in link. The cPanel Extended has more features / options on the manage screen.

39 minutes ago, mlsto said:

It seems from what I can see that a lot of features do not work in cpanel extended, you can only view and change a few things.

I wasn't aware of that. You might ask the author about any errors you're getting, maybe they can resolve. It could be a bug with v4 if the module hasn't yet been updated for v4.

Thanks Michael and Paul,

Yes the cpanel one is just the login (like CE) but the extended really gives you more options but only working with a few options, well for me.

Thanks all but think at this time I will stay with CE, I will ask the author about these restrictions, if it can work I will move as really would like these to work.

Thanks again

27 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Thanks Michael and Paul,

Yes the cpanel one is just the login (like CE) but the extended really gives you more options but only working with a few options, well for me.

Thanks all but think at this time I will stay with CE, I will ask the author about these restrictions, if it can work I will move as really would like these to work.

Thanks again

Are you trying to use this cPanel extended module?Ā www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5552-module-cpanel-extended-module-for-blesta/

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

He's in the process of updating it all for v4.0

32 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Hopefully the author can correct any issues you're experiencing. Would be a shame if you have to stick with CE! :blesta:Ā 

ThanksĀ evolvewh, appreciate

That's great that he is upgrading it, from what I have seen from the new Blesta I love it but wantĀ to give clients a good experience and the cpanel extended is a good selling point, purchased it from Module Gardens years ago and was a great addition (my old days of Whmcs). I will definitely move Paul when all is ready with the module.

Will keep checking to see when there is an update.

Thanks again, great support and service here.

Hello

I have decided to go ahead with Blesta as getting issues with CE. I have a few more questions as I am adding clients manually.

Is there a difference between the Cancel Service in the "Invoice and Charge Options" and the "Auto Cancel" Plugin?

Also as I am using a Non-Merchant (PayPal and 2Checkout) account do I still need to enable the Credit Card in the Accepted Payment Types?

Thank you for any help on this.

25 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Is there a difference between the Cancel Service in the "Invoice and Charge Options" and the "Auto Cancel" Plugin?

If you mean: "Cancel Service Changes Days After Due" that's only changes if someone upgrades something and doesn't pay after ___ it will be cancelled and reverted if I read the ? probably.

If you mean "Allow Clients to Cancel Services" that allows clients to cancel services.

The Auto cancel plugin will cancel services / invoices when they aren't paid.

Ā 

28 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Also as I am using a Non-Merchant (PayPal and 2Checkout) account do I still need to enable the Credit Card in the Accepted Payment Types?

You can disable the credit card if you aren't using it.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Just to clarify, the auto cancel plugin simply scheduled services for cancellation. Services scheduled for cancellation are cancelled automatically by the core. :blesta:Ā 

Hello Paul

A bit confused I am seeing two setting in the auto cancel one to schedule and one to cancel the service. If the core does it already then I do not need have it being done twice or getting it wrong.

Thank you

20 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Hello Paul

A bit confused I am seeing two setting in the auto cancel one to schedule and one to cancel the service. If the core does it already then I do not need have it being done twice or getting it wrong.

Thank you

The plugin schedules services that are suspended to be cancelled. The 1st setting determines how long a service has been suspended, before it is scheduled to be cancelled. The 2nd setting determines what the scheduled cancellation date will be.

The core performs the cancellation, but the plugin schedules it. Without the Auto Cancel plugin, services cannot be scheduled for cancellation automatically.

Got it, thank you.

Other question, as I am manually adding clients I do not want the system to bill them as I still have CE live, I want to start the billing when I close CE. What would be a good way to do this in Blesta.

Also can Blesta terminate accounts after a certain period of time after a service is cancelled?

Thanks again

28 minutes ago, mlsto said:

Got it, thank you.

Other question, as I am manually adding clients I do not want the system to bill them as I still have CE live, I want to start the billing when I close CE. What would be a good way to do this in Blesta.

Also can Blesta terminate accounts after a certain period of time after a service is cancelled?

Thanks again

Don't set up the cron or run the cron manually until you're ready. Blesta will back bill for services that should have been billed when the cron wasn't running, so we suggest making a transition relatively quickly. If you don't you may wish to manually change service renew dates to ensure that they are correct. If you did an import in Jan for example, and a service has a renew date of Jan 15, then when the cron runs it will produce multiple invoices to "catch up" to today.

There seems to be a few issues when adding accounts, not sure but it seems Blesta has what it believes domains and email accounts should be because it did not allow me to add the following:

Domain - testwheelĀ (told me test is not a domain)

Email: @relogmailĀ (I am thinking it thinks I mean @gmail)

How can I bypass these restrictions.

Thank you