Sponsoring Fee For Feature Developments

evolvewh

It can vary a lot, and all depends on how much time it takes. When we have enough information about custom work, we are able to determine how many hours it will take to build. Then we multiply that by $95/hr (Our standard rate) to determine the cost.

Generally gateways are the simplest extensions to write, though not always. We also offer discounts if the extension can be included with Blesta for other customers to use.

Same vein of thought - what about extending current features - such as an account having multiple fully functional authorized contacts/users? Authorized users with a simple permissions setup... would be awesome. I'd sponsor that today.

What if we got a pool of donations for things many of us want to see right away, such as enom? Could that be done?

Kinda wish there was a list of feature online where users could actually vote on them...

Same vein of thought - what about extending current features - such as an account having multiple fully functional authorized contacts/users? Authorized users with a simple permissions setup... would be awesome. I'd sponsor that today.

What if we got a pool of donations for things many of us want to see right away, such as enom? Could that be done?

Kinda wish there was a list of feature online where users could actually vote on them...

We had a voting list in the Beta :D

Yes, please send API documentation. If they have a well written PHP API library, that would be useful as well and save some time.

I sent this through a support ticket in my account.

I wish I knew how to develop these modules but I don't, so I'd be open to having some sort of a "money pool" to chip in to get some of these features developed quicker.  I grabbed the $99 special and I'm not up and running yet because I need a few more modules to make a smooth transition not only for our company but for our clients as well.

Right now, I'm paying a monthly fee for my other billing system and Bluepay is hitting me with a $15 monthly fee to use that gateway (I hope that's not the case with Blesta but I haven't got this far).  So, I'm willing to chip in a little bit extra because it'll save me in the long run.

Contact logins with ACL permissions is actually on our list, CORE-627 and is tentatively schedule for 3.2.

We will considered sponsored development for core features, however we will only do those if we already agree that we want to include it. Same really goes for extensions too. We try to prioritize development based on demand, and in all honesty someone willing to part with some cash says a lot about how serious they are about throwing their support behind something. It's possible to have 100 votes for a feature that nobody will really even use but sounds cool. We would rather build the feature that 10 people would actually use than the one 100 people voted for but wont use.

Contact logins with ACL permissions is actually on our list, CORE-627 and is tentatively schedule for 3.2.

We will considered sponsored development for core features, however we will only do those if we already agree that we want to include it. Same really goes for extensions too. We try to prioritize development based on demand, and in all honesty someone willing to part with some cash says a lot about how serious they are about throwing their support behind something. It's possible to have 100 votes for a feature that nobody will really even use but sounds cool. We would rather build the feature that 10 people would actually use than the one 100 people voted for but wont use.

How would I go about sponsoring this? Should I just email sales@blesta.com?

Is there a customer viewable "road map" so we can see where items such as the Enom and the Quantum Vault Gateway are on the timeline. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...