Blesta integration with WHM and NameCheap

Mag

Question

Hello forum.

I am coming migrated from WHMCS to Blesta and I am finding the documentation a bit challenging to follow. And I wonder if someone could help me please

What I need to do is sell and host domain name. 

1. Client/Potential client go my website to search for domain name - I use 2 regista (ReselleBiz and NameCheap). I have installed the modules for the corresponding registra
  2. User should have the option to just buy domain name without hosting OR they buy domain name and Host. 
  3. When they buy domain name and choose to host, an account should be created for them in WHM
  4. Be able to choose the right registra package depending on the TLD of the domain (I have enabled different TLD for different registra. For example Namecheap only offer .com while ResellerBiz only offer .biz. If a client want to buy a .biz, only the Resellbiz package should appear)

So far, 

1. I created various packages

• Package 1 - linked to Registra 1 (Namecheap) and added to Package group 1(Domain Reg Package)
  • Package 2 - linked to Registra 1 (ResellBiz) and added to Package group 2
  • Package 1 - linked to WHM Cpanel (Namecheap) and added to Package group 3 (Hosting package)
  • Package 4 - linked to None and added to  Package group 4

2. Created an Order form

• Type - Domain and Other
  • Template - Standard
  • Default Client Groups - General
  • Domain Package Group - Package group 1(Linked to Registra NameCheap)
  • Packaged groups - Package group 3 (Hosting package

Issues

1. When customer searches for domain and goes to Step 2 - Configuration, I am seeing "Configurable options" showing the Name Servers. 
    1. I want to be able to only show this if No hosting is selected but hide when hosting is elected. Please note that I have not added any Configuration option.
  2. After the client purchase Domain and Hosting click on checkout and make the purchase, nothing happens in WHM
  3. I am not able to achieve No 4. above....i.e. have the different reseller packages show up based on TLD searched for. Both keeps showing

Thank you for your assistance.

10 answers to this question

Welcome to Blesta.

1 hour ago, Mag said:

When customer searches for domain and goes to Step 2 - Configuration, I am seeing "Configurable options" showing the Name Servers. 

1. I want to be able to only show this if No hosting is selected but hide when hosting is elected. Please note that I have not added any Configuration option.

You can do that if you edit the order system plugin but I'm not sure myself a developer would have to help @Paul, @Tyson, @Jono@GosuHost, @Blesta Addons

1 hour ago, Mag said:
  • After the client purchase Domain and Hosting click on checkout and make the purchase, nothing happens in WHM

Has the order been accepted? Is manual activation on the order form enabled or has a fraud module stopped it and put it in pending, or has the cron job been set-up it takes 5 minutes to provision it on WHM... If that fails check that the password is strong enough as cPanel has up'd the requirement.

You can view pending orders: Billing > Order widget.

1 hour ago, Mag said:
  1. I am not able to achieve No 4. above....i.e. have the different reseller packages show up based on TLD searched for. Both keeps showing

Not sure what happens with none is active but I would recommend the Universal Module myself.

Just now, Mag said:

The lack of clear documentation in Blesta is killing me. I saw some write up on it in the blesta docs site...but its not clear at all. 

I don't blame you, especially for the requirements of payment gateways killed me. Certain ones like Stripe requires SAQ D compliance but none of that is stated on the Blesta module's requirements. 

1 hour ago, Mag said:

Thank you @BlestaStore .

1. Looks like the order system plugin is NOT editable. You can only disable or uninstall..

Thanks again

You're welcome MineHarvest helped with the Universal Module, the order plugin is editable but you have to edit the files as in code.

/plugins/order/......