Department Level Ticket Auto-Replies

Daniel B

Ticket Auto-Response on a per department basis  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an option to enable/disable ticket auto-replies per department

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (please respond to thread)
  2. 2. Should there be separate email templates per department?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (please respond to thread)

I posted a thread earlier today and Tyson mentioned it would probalby make a good feature request poll...so here it is :).

Hopefully I'm not the only person around that likes to use my ticket system to store pertinent information related to my business, uptime monitors, corporate account information, paypal payment emails, etc...all sorts of stuff that I don't want to send "Thanks, we've received your email" replies to every time an email comes in.

Right now, there is no way to do this...every email that comes into the system gets an autoresponse sent.

Having the ability to toggle this option on/off per department would be nice in my opinion.

----------

Also, while I'm at it...separate templates for the autoresponders would be nice as well :).

• 9 months later...

i think the dev now will not reponse to any new/imporouvement feature ,m they are bussy with the v3.3 and it¡s task , i beleieve they will make attention to this and other requests for upcoming release .

most certainly, I just came across it while looking through some old posts and realized it never got any big traction and that was almost a year ago :)  So figured I might as well bump it to see what newer Blesta users think and get more support :D

For ticket auto-replies, do you mean the initial ticket received email? You can currently set an auto-close ticket response per department, but not the initial auto reply.

One thing we're planning is CORE-1358 which allows for custom email templates to be created. It may be possible then, after that, or in conjunction with that, to allow the selection of different templates in different areas of Blesta.. including auto-replies and separate templates per department.

So, this suggestion may fit well with that task, and be dependent on it.

the initial auto reply is the one I'm talking about.  Sometimes I like to have emails setup in my system (I'd love to be able to put my "personal" work email in the support module, as well as the email I use for accounts (paypal, etc)...but both of those would require no initial auto reply...the latter in order to prevent autoreply loops (Hi paypal, I got your ticket.  Hi Daniel I got your ticket. Hi paypal, I got your ticket, ... )

• 1 year later...

+1

Our monitoring systems send out 10-20 emails a day that need to be addressed or at least checked on by a tech. Forwarding to multiple people is not feasible for keeping track of what has been dealt with and what has not.

In addition adding a management related dept would be handy.

Seems like this should be a very simple fix. Flag on each dept, check the flag before autoresponding.

And as usual I should point out that WHMCS does have this, so this is not a novel idea.