Allow Inactive Accounts To Sign Up For New Service

Jonathan

It would be great if it were possible to allow inactive accounts to be used to sign up for new services, at which point it should be marked back to "active".

I guess for those who may want to forcibly keep an account inactive an override on the account to prevent it from being used in this way would be good.

We mark clients as inactive which have no active services.  When an account is inactive, that account then cannot be used to login when placing a new order.

If there's something I'm missing here that would allow this functionality then great, please do enlighten me.

We mark clients as inactive which have no active services.  When an account is inactive, that account then cannot be used to login when placing a new order.

If there's something I'm missing here that would allow this functionality then great, please do enlighten me.

Your right. An inactive accounts cannot log in. Only staff can mark an account inactive, or active, or fraud, and a client cannot order new services under an account that is not active unless it is first made active.

To be clear, are you asking for the ability for inactive accounts to be made active again by clients who order new services?

Your right. An inactive accounts cannot log in. Only staff can mark an account inactive, or active, or fraud, and a client cannot order new services under an account that is not active unless it is first made active.

To be clear, are you asking for the ability for inactive accounts to be made active again by clients who order new services?

Precisely!

+1 

I think in another version you should make it so users without an active service/client activity an account would be auto-moved to inactive. When they login they would be moved back to active. And you could replace the current inactive "rank" to a banned rank (since that is essentially what it is), I think the inactive feature should just be for statistics, I find it is easier to manage all my clients when they are concise down to active clients.

+1 

I think in another version you should make it so users without an active service/client activity an account would be auto-moved to inactive. When they login they would be moved back to active. And you could replace the current inactive "rank" to a banned rank (since that is essentially what it is), I think the inactive feature should just be for statistics, I find it is easier to manage all my clients when they are concise down to active clients.

This would be a nice added bonus.

+WON

I could see this being useful to clear clutter from the admin side of things so we don't see clients that have no services, if they don't have any services they can automatically be marked as inactive by the cron, and make active when they purchase new services.

Maybe changing the current use of inactive to something like "restricted" or "limited", and then using active/inactive for the suggested purpose.

What about clients that have no services, that you say, invoice manually periodically, or have a recurring invoice set up for? You would still consider these active clients.

This is not something I thought about as we don't use such a workflow.  If a customer is technically "active" they have at least one service in the active or suspended state but I guess this is where the tickbox to enable/disable this functionality would come in.

The setting could be "Tick this box to enable inactive clients to sign up for new services and reactivate their account".  Another for "Deactivate accounts with no active services" on a cron would be handy as well like Daniel said.

I do also agree that having another possible entry for "banned user" or something similar would be nice in the event you want to disallow a single user or set of users from signing back up.

• 6 months later...