500 Internal Server Error At Installation

kikloo

Question

Hi,

I am trying to get back to Blesta but when I tried to install it, I got 500 - Internal Server Error. All the checks were green and okay, I specified mysql database details and pressed the install button, blesta said "Please Wait..." but after 15 seconds  or I got 500 - Internal Server Error page. I checked in phpMyAdmin and it showed that about 104 tables have been created.

I have already tried 2 times but same result. What to do ?

Thanks.

it's tipical webserver issue, what webserver are you using?

1/ can you create a info.php file with this content:

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>

and place this file at the root of your blesta install, and

and can you load it in your Internet browser like:   http://my-domain.com/info.php

2/

can you create hello.txt file with this content

Hello my test

and can you load it in your Internet browser like:   http://my-domain.com/hello.txt

-------------------

and let us know if you are able to lod both pages in your internet browser

Hi,

I am on a cpanel server and WHMCS is running fine. I am just installing blesta in another folder so I can port from WHMCS to Blesta.

Thanks.

cPanel has a thing against Blesta where extracting misses things or doesn't upload the zip, check you've uploaded everything and the files are 644 and folders are 755.

I've also seen 500 server errors caused by extensions like Ioncube, re-installing Ioncube might be a good idea. If there are any other unusual extensions loaded, they might be suspect as well. As Jonathan mentioned, check your server error logs. Usually with 500 errors they aren't very specific, but could shed some light on it.

Hi,

Tried again today but with no luck. Same error happening. Disabled mod_security and cagefs also but to no avail. Where to check the server logs ?? As error_log file is not getting created where I am installing blesta. I upgraded to WHMCS v6 and also patched it to latest and its basic function to check domains have stopped working. I so so want to port to blesta. Help me please.

Thanks.

post-10514-0-45801900-1437112142_thumb.j

If you are getting a 500 error, check your server logs, for example: /etc/httpd/logs/error_log

Common items to check:

Are the files owned by the web user?

Do you have issues in your .htaccess file?

Do you have the correct version of IonCube loaded with the version of PHP you are running?

(if you are running PHP5.5 you need to apply the PHP 5.5 patch files).

Many issues could cause 500 errors, only way to know is to check /etc/httpd/logs/error_log

-Adam

Hi,

Tried again today but with no luck. Same error happening. Disabled mod_security and cagefs also but to no avail. Where to check the server logs ?? As error_log file is not getting created where I am installing blesta. I upgraded to WHMCS v6 and also patched it to latest and its basic function to check domains have stopped working. I so so want to port to blesta. Help me please.

Thanks.

Would you like me to help? If so please PM your Teamviewer ID / Password, if you don't have it please go to teamviewer.com

Would be better if you offered a link directly for cPanel/WHM since that is what kikloo is running. BUT the idea is the same, although I would NOT follow the steps of using chattr. In fact, if you do, you will most likely not be able to add/remove/modify any accounts server wide. I believe you can increase the max timeout via WHM under Apache Configuration (WHM > Apache Configuration > Global Configuration)

Hi,

I checked the logs and it says:

---

[Fri Jul 17 06:21:57 2015] [error] [client 122.173.197.254] Script timed out before returning headers: index.php, referer: http://avissoft.com/client/index.php/install/process/

---

What does it means ???

Thanks.

Checking our your website, it appears you are now getting SQL errors, and no longer 500 errors. Sounds like you have resolved the 500 errors. You might want to re-start the installation process (clear out all data, including database) and make sure your system meets the requirements: http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Requirements

If you are running under a LxC environment (which you mentioned you are via CageFS) make sure you select the necessary PHP version and modules required.

thanks,

-Adam

Would be better if you offered a link directly for cPanel/WHM since that is what kikloo is running. BUT the idea is the same, although I would NOT follow the steps of using chattr. In fact, if you do, you will most likely not be able to add/remove/modify any accounts server wide. I believe you can increase the max timeout via WHM under Apache Configuration (WHM > Apache Configuration > Global Configuration)

Checking our your website, it appears you are now getting SQL errors, and no longer 500 errors. Sounds like you have resolved the 500 errors. You might want to re-start the installation process (clear out all data, including database) and make sure your system meets the requirements: http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Requirements

If you are running under a LxC environment (which you mentioned you are via CageFS) make sure you select the necessary PHP version and modules required.

thanks,

-Adam

If cPanel had a tutorial I would ;) I use InterWorx so don't deal with crapPanel :)

Hi,

Thanks for the tips, no I am not stuck at sql level. It fails at that level. I just updated the timeout thing from 12 to 300 and i'll tried to install blesta again and didn't encounter 500 error but a new error is coming up:

---
Ensure that the file (/home/avissoft/public_html/client/config/blesta-new.php) is writable.
---

I changed blesta.php to blesta-new.php and changed permissions to 777 also but same error came again.

How to fix ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the tips, no I am not stuck at sql level. It fails at that level. I just updated the timeout thing from 12 to 300 and i'll tried to install blesta again and didn't encounter 500 error but a new error is coming up:

---

Ensure that the file (/home/avissoft/public_html/client/config/blesta-new.php) is writable.

---

I changed blesta.php to blesta-new.php and changed permissions to 777 also but same error came again.

How to fix ?

Thanks.

Do you have team viewer it's best to see what you have and what you are doing, etc.

hi,

I am doing it all on my live server dunno how Team viewer will help. basically I uploaded the zip file on the server and extracted the files from cpanel file manager into a folder.

installation script timeout issue is resolved but only this file blesta.php is remaining. just need to sort this out and I think rest is all fine.

help please.

thanks.

hi,

I am doing it all on my live server dunno how Team viewer will help. basically I uploaded the zip file on the server and extracted the files from cpanel file manager into a folder.

installation script timeout issue is resolved but only this file blesta.php is remaining. just need to sort this out and I think rest is all fine.

help please.

thanks.

hi,

help please.

thanks.

Teamviewer allows me to see what you see and see if I can help. At the moment all we know is that you have a 500 error and not sure why or how to fix it.

hi,

500 error has already resolved. now blest installer is not able to write to blesta configuration file. though it renames or to blesta.php but it says that its not writeable. I tried to chmod it 777 but to no avail.

how to fix the blesta configuration file permission issue.?

thanks.

hi,

500 error has already resolved. now blest installer is not able to write to blesta configuration file. though it renames or to blesta.php but it says that its not writeable. I tried to chmod it 777 but to no avail.

how to fix the blesta configuration file permission issue.?

thanks.

could be anything again… 

Could be the config folder, the blesta.php, it could be the wrong user permissions.