Language Option

Kurogane

i prefer to show a language list in some place (top of header or in the butom of the page) rather than making it in the staff profile .

as the staff can change the language with 1 click step .

the same for client CORE-1320 .

That might look untidy mate.

That might look untidy mate.

i respect your opinion !

almost all the big companies provide a dropdown list of languages to their users from the dashboard . and almost of them use the language in the client's profile just for corresponce .

normally what happen ?

when i  login to my account it use my profile language .  if i select another langauge from the dropdown list , the dashboard and the client or admin area change to my selected language . if i logout the stored language in cookies/sessions are destroyed .

is simple as drink water !

i respect your opinion !

almost all the big companies provide a dropdown list of languages to their users from the dashboard . and almost of them use the language in the client's profile just for corresponce .

normally what happen ?

when i  login to my account it use my profile language .  if i select another langauge from the dropdown list , the dashboard and the client or admin area change to my selected language . if i logout the stored language in cookies/sessions are destroyed .

is simple as drink water !

If you change it in the client area only that language changes. It would be nice if we can choice the language per admin but it should be in the my info bit :P

How often do you usually change languages on a site?

I can see a drop-down option for potential customers that have not logged in yet because the system doesn't yet know which language they prefer. However, if you are already logged in to your account as a staff or a client, it seems unlikely you will want to change your language very often, and that option may be better suited to a setting on a settings page rather than a drop-down selector on every page.

How often do you usually change languages on a site?

I can see a drop-down option for potential customers that have not logged in yet because the system doesn't yet know which language they prefer. However, if you are already logged in to your account as a staff or a client, it seems unlikely you will want to change your language very often, and that option may be better suited to a setting on a settings page rather than a drop-down selector on every page.

personally , i change language frequenty , as a developper , because i ned to test all the language difinition .

in my ofice , my staff change the language if they found some that the language they use is not well exmplained in the place they are, they change to default english to be sur that they are doing something well .

but all this is not a probleme . take this case and that is the strong point in this .

we have , as others , client from around the world , and we provide at least 4 languages to our clients (in term of support and client interface) .

some client call us , and they want to know how TODO something from thier client interface , normally our staff login as client , the staff is using thier language in the client profile, and if the client has another language than the staff language , here we are on a obstacle , the staff need to return to thier profile , change the language and return to client profle and login again .

if there are a dropdown languages is the advantage for our staff .