Modulesbakery Digitalocean Module

mas.satriyo

Hi, 

i found modulesbakery's digitalocean module for blesta in github

tried to install the module, it could connect to digitalocean api, could get my ssh keys (as global ssh keys) and get droplets size (ram size, but only 512MB, 1GB and 2GB)

tried to make dummy order, i could create order and saved to blesta database but it couldn't create real droplets in digitalocean, even couldn't store user's ssh key

i know modulesbakery had stopped the development of this module, but

does this module still compatible with latest blesta version?

if need some modification, anyone can tell me which part i have to modify?

thanks a lot

I'm not very familiar with the DO module, what action are you performing that makes that API request, and what is the ssh key used for? I would assume it would be for console access, is it used for provisioning?

If you have an order that is waiting for provisioning, you should have a "pending" service. On the client's profile, click on "Pending" for services, and then "Manage" and try to activate manually. Is there any error output?

I'm not very familiar with the DO module, what action are you performing that makes that API request, and what is the ssh key used for? I would assume it would be for console access, is it used for provisioning?

If you have an order that is waiting for provisioning, you should have a "pending" service. On the client's profile, click on "Pending" for services, and then "Manage" and try to activate manually. Is there any error output?

I could take a look at it and try to fix it since well I have some digitalocean credit to use before you know it expires since I got it from the github student pack.

the order already 'active' in client's account

fabfe470df6d49349dd2a1b3db56e908.png

but no droplet created in my digitalocean account

I could take a look at it and try to fix it since well I have some digitalocean credit to use before you know it expires since I got it from the github student pack.

you can download the module here

https://github.com/blesta/module-digitalocean

extract to /blesta-directory/components/module

rename folder to digitaloceanmodule

create composer.json and put

{
    "name": "blesta/digitaloceanmodule",
    "description": "DigitalOcean",
    "license": "proprietary",
    "type": "blesta-module",
    "require": {
        "blesta/composer-installer": "~1.0"
    }
}

i figure out this method by trial and error

extract the zip from github directly, and install the module directly, blesta can't find the module

digitaloceanmodule wasn't in the available list

when i tried to create new order from client side, it couldn't add new ssh-key to my do account

but when i tried to add from admin side, it could add new ssh-key but couldn't create service and this error appears

"You specified an invalid image for Server creation."

i'm sure that this module really need updates, since it couldn't list available images, locations, list additional options, or choose  one-click apps

----edit-------

i think many functions are missing

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2016 at 10:53 AM, mas.satriyo said:

hi,

can you re-create this DO module?

i think paid module is okay

yes if you are willing for a paid module that is okay I can do that....as to be honest if I had to rewrite everything from scratch and didn't get to turn it into a paid module for the time and work I spent on it I don't think me in that situation nor anyone else would like/be happy with that lol.

On 8/23/2016 at 9:58 AM, timnboys said:

yes if you are willing for a paid module that is okay I can do that....as to be honest if I had to rewrite everything from scratch and didn't get to turn it into a paid module for the time and work I spent on it I don't think me in that situation nor anyone else would like/be happy with that lol.

never use modulesbakery's digitalocean module, but can you code the module which looks like hypnoticmonkey's whmcs digitalocean module?
it's really user and admin friendly
pm me the cost and it's 'license agreement'

On 8/20/2016 at 2:46 PM, SiXwishlist said:

DO module has a problem with Blesta 3.4. up. I checked, works excellent on 3.2.2

Do you know why it's incompatible with 3.4+? I'm not aware of any backwards incompatible changes in the module system. Unless, perhaps, the module is doing something out of the ordinary.

The best way forward is to fix this existing module. @timnboys do you know what the compatibility issue is with 3.4+? We are slammed with 4.0. I'll donate $50 for a pull request that resolves the issue. (Please test test test before submitting)

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Do you know why it's incompatible with 3.4+? I'm not aware of any backwards incompatible changes in the module system. Unless, perhaps, the module is doing something out of the ordinary.

The best way forward is to fix this existing module. @timnboys do you know what the compatibility issue is with 3.4+? We are slammed with 4.0. I'll donate $50 for a pull request that resolves the issue. (Please test test test before submitting)

Working on the fix right now.

On 8/29/2016 at 1:51 PM, Paul said:

Hello Paul @Paul here is the fixed module & pull request: https://github.com/blesta/module-digitalocean/pull/2

I will take that $50 now lol. :blesta:

• 2 weeks later...