Blesta 4.0 > 4.1 Domain Question - Regarding Existing Domains

Rocketz

I know it's pretty early, but this is actually really critical to a decision I need to make soon. 

Once 4.1 hits, with a proper domain management system, how will current domains (and domains using ModuleMatic's LogicBoxes module) be handled? 

Right now, Domains are basically the same as any generic service being billed and managed. Domain = Hosting = Design Services = Whatever else.

In reality, domains aren't exactly like all other services.. 

So will we be able to migrate existing domains and their packages to this new domain management system? Or will all that have to be done manually? 

I know it's pretty early, but this is actually really critical to a decision I need to make soon. 

Once 4.1 hits, with a proper domain management system, how will current domains (and domains using ModuleMatic's LogicBoxes module) be handled? 

Right now, Domains are basically the same as any generic service being billed and managed. Domain = Hosting = Design Services = Whatever else.

In reality, domains aren't exactly like all other services.. 

So will we be able to migrate existing domains and their packages to this new domain management system? Or will all that have to be done manually? 

It's way too early to know for sure but based on the past, the guys have done a really good job of developing backwards compatibility and making the transition as smooth as possible. I highly doubt you're going to see them publicly discuss anything about 4.1 until 4.0 is out of beta.

It's way too early to know for sure but based on the past, the guys have done a really good job of developing backwards compatibility and making the transition as smooth as possible. I highly doubt you're going to see them publicly discuss anything about 4.1 until 4.0 is out of beta.

This. I can't really say anything other than at a minimum, what you're doing now should continue to work as it does.

How do you currently have a customer sign up for a domain while signing up for a hosting service? 

The only way I've been told is as an addon to the hosting service, but that invites a ton of problems. 

Your Order Form 'Type' should be 'Domain and Other' and then the user is prompted to register a domain, transfer a domain or skip the domain and just order hosting.

We use add on for DNS Management and Privacy Protection right now and then we have to manually process the privacy part. Hopefully this is cleared up in v4.1