Initial Setup Error

MarkTheDaemon

Question

I think 2 possible issues:

1/

this folder "blesta" is not writtable ?

/home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/blesta/

2/ how did you created the hosting account (user), I recommend you to use a control panel to create the hosting account so all of these will automatically come fine:

vhost,user,folder,permission.....

note webmin control pannel is free and fine, but up-to you for any other

I thought so at first, but "blesta" is also writable... and I tried the installation after changing 'blesta' to 777.

Both blesta and config are drwxrwxrwx and at the end I get again a blank page...

My client has a control panel to manage backups, users and emails because he is not familiar with the linux cli.

The domain, virtual hosts, etc.were all created and are managed via the control panel.

Wordpress, iHost, AWBS, were installed via the web browser without any issues.

What I understand by that, is that virtual hosts and nginx have the correct configuration and there are no permission issues.

Usually with cgi and wrong permissions you get the error on your browser, but in this case a blank age doesn't say much.

And I cannot find any related errors at the logs (any log).

Right now I have run out of ideas... I can't think of something else that could cause this issue...

Anything else I can try?

Regards,

Tim

PS:

I have been working as a linux sysadmin for many years, with cpanel, directadminn, plesk, webmin, with, LAMP, LEMP, but seriously, I cannot understand where the problem is in this specific situation.

The current project is on 1 server for testing, but later will be added Percona replication, nginx and a HAproxy with memcached for future use with web server cluster and nfs for the application files, on separate servers, but the website and the billing system files will be in one place.

I haven't tested the installation on Ubuntu, but it is not really a choice, because the client would like CentOS.

Do you think it might be a CentOS issue? Selinux is already disabled, but it shouldn't cause any trouble in this case...

just create these 2 file in you public directory:

1/   hello.txt

with content:

hello

2/  info.php

with content:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

----------------------------------

next load these file in your internet browser,

first file should say: hello

second file should show; your entire php info in a table

------------

And as I suspect it's will not work in your case because server or webserver is miss-configurated, so it's not related to blesta

Thank you all for your answers...

I had to create the info php from the start, to check the configuration and it was ok, before even I try to install Blesta...

Wordpress was already installed so php configuration was OK...

PHP version was 5.4.41

However, I did got into trouble to create another VM on Ubuntu 14.04

The result was the same when using the installer, 

The following minimum requirements failed:
        config_writable: The config file (/home/user/web/dommain.com/public_html/blesta/config/blesta-new.php) and directory (/home/user/web/dommain.com/public_html/blesta/config/) must be writable by the webserver (you can change these back after installation is complete).
Failed minimum system requirements. You must correct these issues before continuing. 

BUT... instead of a blank page I was connected to Blesta admin area...

The server configuration is a bit different, Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.5.9, NginX 1.8.0

Virtual hosts and NginX configuration are the same.

OK, I have phpMyAdmin not working now, but I'll fix it...

After all these, I don't know what to suppose...

CentOS or Blesta configuration issue...?

Regards,

Tim

Thank you all for your answers...

I had to create the info php from the start, to check the configuration and it was ok, before even I try to install Blesta...

Wordpress was already installed so php configuration was OK...

PHP version was 5.4.41

However, I did got into trouble to create another VM on Ubuntu 14.04

The result was the same when using the installer, 

The following minimum requirements failed:
        config_writable: The config file (/home/user/web/dommain.com/public_html/blesta/config/blesta-new.php) and directory (/home/user/web/dommain.com/public_html/blesta/config/) must be writable by the webserver (you can change these back after installation is complete).
Failed minimum system requirements. You must correct these issues before continuing. 

BUT... instead of a blank page I was connected to Blesta admin area...

The server configuration is a bit different, Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.5.9, NginX 1.8.0

Virtual hosts and NginX configuration are the same.

OK, I have phpMyAdmin not working now, but I'll fix it...

After all these, I don't know what to suppose...

CentOS or Blesta configuration issue...?

Regards,

Tim

It's a webserver configuration in my opinion white pages mean 500 Internal error which means it's not Blesta.

Well, yes, you've got a point here, but still I wonder why 2 other similar billing systems worked without issues... plus Wordpress...

This is why I am not sure if it's a web server misconfiguration...

Also note that in Ubuntu I got the same error that the files are not writable by the webserver. But the installation was completed.

Unfortunalely errors reporting is not always accurate because sistem report you error how it see error,like you codeing something and forget to close " on second line but  show error on 33 line.Simple because it find next " on 33 line and stack there .May be next thing shoud be elimination proces(naja7host give you advice),you can try to create and execute some simple two line of code script which will make some file and write something in it,in same directory where you have issue just to make sure.But when make those two line of code script make sure to put  command to create file and write something into it not just to call funcion.

I'm not sure I can follow you,did you try to check and fix group permision(you will get same error for user and group permission because as said above it will show where it stack not where error is) ,did you check which user run child processes and is that user  is same as one you give permission. and in group with +w permission....You will have know is it server or blesta issue by putting simple two line of code with command to create and write in to file.

I'm not sure if this clarifies anything, but Blesta needs to be able to write to the /config/ directory, including the /config/blesta-new.php config file. During installation it copies the blesta-new.php file and create the blesta.php config file populating the correct database, system key, and other information to blesta.php using blesta-new.php as a sort of template.

If anything is preventing those files from being written, then you'll get the error you seem to be getting. What is interfering is really the question, and if it's not related to the file permissions then it may be something else server side. (Any other security related plugins?)