[3.3 B1] Customer Can't Use Credit To Pay For Invoice

interfasys

A customer is kindly asked, on the dashboard, to settle his invoice by making a payment.

After clicking the button, he sees his invoice, which is already ticked and clicks continue.

On the "make payment" page, there are 2 distinct zones

1. one with several "payment options"
  2. a tick box inviting the user to use his credits

The user ticks the box and clicks on "review and confirm".

Blesta does not let him continue and prints the following message

"Please select a payment option."

That is the expected behavior. Even if your credits will cover the entire invoice amount, you still need to select a payment option (non-credit) to continue. If the system has the setting enabled to "automatically apply credits to open invoices", then it's possible those credits will be applied by cron (possibly to different invoices), and you wouldn't be able to continue without making a payment using one of the gateways anyway.

That is the expected behavior. Even if your credits will cover the entire invoice amount, you still need to select a payment option (non-credit) to continue. If the system has the setting enabled to "automatically apply credits to open invoices", then it's possible those credits will be applied by cron (possibly to different invoices), and you wouldn't be able to continue without making a payment using one of the gateways anyway.

Would there be a way to have a option work if the credit matches the invoice amount? But if it isn't going to cover the full amount they'd have to select an option above as-well as the credit box.

Because that's confusing to the customer and us, as Paul informed me that it would be best to disable the automatically apply credits to invoice if we was allowing the customers to use the credit as they want?

I thought I tested this such that if the credit is enough to cover the invoice entirely that a separate payment method did not need to be selected. I guess this is not the case?

Having automatic application of loose credits checked would mean that the credit option would rarely, if ever appear to a client paying an existing invoice. More often, they may have credits but no open invoices, and can use the credits to apply towards new orders. The setting is useful both enabled or disabled in different circumstances.

i prefer if the apply credit added to the select payment option rather than make it under the form .

so the client will select wich methode he want to pay with it ,

exemple :

- Available Credit

- Offline Payment

- paypal satandar....

- bitpay ....

- stripe

If it were listed this way, then they could only use the credit if it covered the balance in full. The way we implemented it, with a checkbox is similar to the way Amazon.com allows you to apply gift card balances.

CORE-1394 for the OPs request

hello Paul , let combine the two function with a fantastic realisation ;

if the credit can cover the full ammount to pay , make it in the list as option to pay .

if not make it as it's now with a sentance (pay partial invoice with your credit)

ovh has this option , and they list credit/points as one of the payments .

or make a option to allow as add the credit as a payment option .

that way all will be satisfied :)

• 2 weeks later...