Clients Can't Upgrade Nor Downgrade Services

Joseph H

[CORE-1093] - Allow clients to change their billing cycle
[CORE-1127] - Allow clients to upgrade and downgrade services

I have been trying to figure out how the above works but no luck. I'm not sure If It's a bug, but no options are seen on the client side. Anyone else with the same issue?

On the manage page you see Status > Active.

On that you get 3 options: Upgrade / Downgrade | Change Tier | Cancel (Depending on what you've enabled)

If you don't see this like in this video: http://screencast.com/t/JTM9pHqMu

You must go to: Settings > Company > Billing / Payment > Invoice and Charge Options

And tick any of the following boxes:

- Allow Clients to Cancel Services
- Allow Clients to Change Service Terms
- Allow Clients to Change Service Package

I'm still installing my dev instance so haven't had a chance to check out this feature yet to see if it's working for me.  But, do you have to associate packages with each other in order to allow one to be up/downgraded to another?  If so, have you done that?

The package group In which that package belongs has 4 other packages. Even If that was the case then atlest an option for [CORE-1093] - Allow clients to change their billing cycle was supposed to be shown

the way upgrade/downgrade - change term - cancel options is not well done ,

i prefer if this option rendered as a buttons under or inline with the active status . that is better and make visiblity sense for clients .

the more button is shown directly the less "How todo ...." questions by clients .

i prefer if this option rendered as a buttons under or inline with the active status . that is better and make visiblity sense for clients .

the more button is shown directly the less "How todo ...." questions by clients .

I agree 100% . Just by the way the I saw on the video Michael provided, It's hard for the client to figure out how to do it.

+ 1

If the option doesn't appear for you, make sure "Allow Clients to Change Service Terms" and "Allow Clients to Change Service Package" are checked under Settings > Company > Billing/Payment > Invoice and Charge Options.

I have been thinking about the upgrade/downgrade options being in that drop down, it may be better as its own button. Anyone care to mock something up and post a screenshot?

If the option doesn't appear for you, make sure "Allow Clients to Change Service Terms" and "Allow Clients to Change Service Package" are checked under Settings > Company > Billing/Payment > Invoice and Charge Options.

I have been thinking about the upgrade/downgrade options being in that drop down, it may be better as its own button. Anyone care to mock something up and post a screenshot?

Would this be better guys?

post-38-0-40812700-1409239262_thumb.png

I have all that checked. But the only thing that shows Is the cancel option

But the modal is cool ;) can't clicking them open the modal on the default page mate?

If we keep the modal, my suggestion is to add a button next to the status button on the information page. I prefer this over the left nav also, because it leaves more real estate for modules to create additional management pages.

Clients can only change packages (upgrade/downgrade) if

1. "Allow Clients to Change Service Package" is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [billing/Payment], or if being overridden by the client group, this is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [Client Groups] -> (edit)
  2. The client has a service
  3. The package for the client's service is in the same package group as at least one other package
  4. The two (or more) packages have similar pricing periods (i.e. both are recurring, or both are one-time) and belong to the same group type (addon or standard)
  5. The two (or more) packages belong to the same module row

Clients can only change terms if

1. "Allow Clients to Change Service Term" is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [billing/Payment], or if being overridden by the client group, this is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [Client Groups] -> (edit)
  3. The package for the client's service has multiple recurring pricing periods

I think that should be it.

I dunno about the colors (probably wouldn't use red for upgrade/downgrade) but I like it. Can we get any +1's here on the additional 2 buttons on the info page, for upgrade/dowgrades and change term?

I'm personally fine with it as it is, but it did take me a bit of thinking as I've not seen the dropdown live except a preview I forgot about lol. But +1 for the buttons if it's better for others.

Clients can only change packages (upgrade/downgrade) if

1. "Allow Clients to Change Service Package" is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [billing/Payment], or if being overridden by the client group, this is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [Client Groups] -> (edit)
  3. The package for the client's service is in the same package group as at least one other package
  4. The two (or more) packages have similar pricing periods (i.e. both are recurring, or both are one-time) and belong to the same group type (addon or standard)

Clients can only change terms if

1. "Allow Clients to Change Service Term" is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [billing/Payment], or if being overridden by the client group, this is checked under [settings] -> [Company] -> [Client Groups] -> (edit)

I think that should be it.

No, I have done all as you suggested and the only button I can get shown is the cancel service

http://prntscr.com/4hcyj0

http://prntscr.com/4hcwmu

http://prntscr.com/4hcx1m

http://prntscr.com/4hcxbt

I can't see from your screenshots whether the above are true. The client belongs to the client group that you set these settings for?

The only other thing that comes to mind is that some files may not have been uploaded.

I can't see from your screenshots whether the above are true. The client belongs to the client group that you set these settings for?

The only other thing that comes to mind is that some files may not have been uploaded.

The client belongs to the same package I took the screenshot from. I will re-upload the installation and see If that helps :)

Edit: I think I have found the problem. It's my template, If you can direct me where do I have to edit to modify the template to be compatible with v3.3.0