Awesome!

Michael

Agreed! But its too important then mailer plugin some user go other W...H for Domain management.I m sorry to say I m also using Domain manager via WXXXS.You have to take look about this issue.

Please let me know other member opinion.

Hey, welcome back PauloV!

The domain manager is indeed very important, but it also takes 20x more time to build than a mass mailer plugin.

Agreed! But its too important then mailer plugin some user go other W...H for Domain management.I m sorry to say I m also using Domain manager via WXXXS.You have to take look about this issue.

Just to touch on this, Blesta is still developing and it's grown quite substantially over the past year (more so than another billing system if I can say so). It's not that they're not looking at this issue, it's a matter of planning and addressing the core of the product somewhat similar to how a venn diagram is.

Not to say they're not already focusing on the other sectors, they're just not heavily releasing as much content related to them. 

I don't agree, I did a poll for the guys to see what is being asked more: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3364-what-is-stopping-you-switching-to-blesta/

And 4 more people wanted a mass mailer than a domain management refactor.

Mass Mail (18 votes [16.67%])

Affiliate System (15 votes [13.89%])

Domain Magement refactor (14 votes [12.96%])

I don't agree, I did a poll for the guys to see what is being asked more: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3364-what-is-stopping-you-switching-to-blesta/

And 4 more people wanted a mass mailer than a domain management refactor.

Mass Mail (18 votes [16.67%])

Affiliate System (15 votes [13.89%])

Domain Magement refactor (14 votes [12.96%])

The problem with your Pool is that, people that are not registered in Blesta Foruns, or people that are not Blesta clients, will not vote :)

So the Pool are limited to the people thar are alredy accustomed using without the Domain Managment, so they will not Vote :)

What are the biggest needs in a webhosting managment system?

1º- Manage Clientes

2º- Manage Invoices

3º- Manage Servers / Shared Hosting

4º- Manage Domains

5º- Manage Support/Help Desk

6º- all outher things are extras...

But now Blesta is putting all outher things in first, and the demands of "new clientes" and some of us, like me, that manage for several years servers and domains, dont agree with the needs for now for Mass Mailling (we have alot of free/open source alternatives for mass mailling), and we dont have any alternatives for fully supoport Domain Managment only WHMCS/ClientExec/Hostbill etc.. fully support Domain Managment, that is sad :(

Alternatives for now, for us:

1º- wait a few months for blesta release a core domain management

2º- make some patchs to core files to suport fully domain managment

3º- continue using outher billing systems :(

we have opt to use (3º) for now, our current billing system, untill we have time to fully test (2º), or blesta relase (1º) :(

We still have hope that blesta will change there mind :)

Best reagrds to all :)

The problem with your Pool is that, people that are not registered in Blesta Foruns, or people that are not Blesta clients, will not vote :)

So the Pool are limited to the people thar are alredy accustomed using without the Domain Managment, so they will not Vote :)

1º- Manage Clientes

2º- Manage Invoices

4º- Manage Domains

But now Blesta is putting all outher things in first, and the demands of "new clientes" and some of us, like me, that manage for several years servers and domains, dont agree with the needs for now for Mass Mailling (we have alot of free/open source alternatives for mass mailling), and we dont have any alternatives for fully supoport Domain Managment only WHMCS/ClientExec/Hostbill etc.. fully support Domain Managment, that is sad :(

we have opt to use (3º) for now, our current billing system, untill we have time to fully test (2º), or blesta relase (1º) :(

i'm totally agreed with your idea .

i'm very happy that i'm not the only one in this road ,  until this moment , i prefer stay in v2 than moving to v3 .

in fact , v3 is so modular and very customizable in so many aspect , but what is related to the core files , i can't touch it until the staff do it .

in my simple idea , what is better to do next , more modules or add more feature to the core ?

the webhosting market is the big market for billing software , and us as we have a lot of years in this market we can see what is the needed and better to add as feature , i don't see any benifict from coding more plugins than ignoring some great feature to the core system (domain manager , powerfull hosting managerment -cpanel/plesk/directadmin-  , server management -softlayer/ovh/hetzner/leaweweb/ect .... - , coupons , powerfull shopping cart system , ...) .

1º- Manage Clientes

2º- Manage Invoices

4º- Manage Domains

This is a community forum and the place for feature request, help so if people join they can still vote. Fact is more people don't want it as they can sell domains, renew them etc.

There's always people who rate things different which is why I did a poll. If you think the domain is important, vote it. Others might want mass mail so they vote that. You're forgetting that there's over 400 people on this forum.

This is a community forum and the place for feature request, help so if people join they can still vote. Fact is more people don't want it as they can sell domains, renew them etc.

There's always people who rate things different which is why I did a poll. If you think the domain is important, vote it. Others might want mass mail so they vote that. You're forgetting that there's over 400 people on this forum.

Im shure that if I could open a voting pool, for exemple on WebHostingTalk, the "Domain Managment" will be on Top off all voting :) in Blesta Foruns, the voting is very limited to people that "dont need" domain managment like you Licencecart,  you only sell licences and not domains (i know in the pass you had sell) :)

Blesta is primary an Hoting Billing System, so it as to focus 100% in this market and not the extras :)

I like so much blesta, that "hurts me" a lot that I have to continue using WHMCS because of Domain Managment  :rolleyes:

But im not talking just for me, im talking in behalf of  hundreds of people that I have talk in Hosting Foruns, that one of main blesta problems is Domain Managment now (opensrs was one of the problem that I solved in 50%)

My opinion is, blesta will grow more with Domain Managment that any outher extra module/plugin ;)

Blesta can now fully support EU invoicing

Blesta can now Upgrade/Downgrade in client area

Blesta is Mobile Ready (Client Area for now)

biggest extras for me, and alot of people, are:

0- (not an extra) separted Plugin for Domain Managment (do not relate with "Services" plugin, because Domains are totaly diferent)

1- Upgrade/Downgrade a package only after client pays the invoice.

2- If you have an "Auto Cancel" package, and the client upgrades to anouther package without an "Auto Cancel", remove the auto cancel for that package.

3- Dont suspend an account if you have an open invoice (this is on CORE for 3.5).

5- Always use sequential numbers in Pro-Forma invoices, even if you have converted an invoice, and dont reuse the old pro-forma numbers.

6 -Mass Mailling with auto cron sending on some action like (on cancel, after xx days purchaging, etc.)

7- Affiliate Plugin (this is the eseast plugin of all :) )

8- use your imagination :P

P.S - I LOVE BLESTA  :wub:

If you can get all the people who agree with you to come here fair enough. But at the moment it's you only. But I'm not going to argue with you it's not worth it.

if i remember will your voting thread , it was not radio button , it was multiple checkbox . so any member can select his needed module and his favorite plugin . like me , i have selected the domain manager and mas mailer and afiliate system .

if we compare mailer and domain manager , we found the mailer plugin is used by all , and all need it , but domain manager is neded by webhosters . i'm 10000% sure if it was a radio button for one slection , the mailer plugin will not get a lot of votes , because every voter will select the wanted module and not a value added plugin .

our goal from this discussion, is not attack blesta staff or blestars like you and me and PauloV , the attention is to rich and give some feedbacks from our experience . staff should take care to enrich the core and the core plugins (order-support... ect ) , in my case the order form and the domain manager should be rewrited in the next release . about plugins , we can take care of it ,^personnaly i have a lot of plugins/modules to write , but i can't lose time in it and i'm still in v2 , i prefer add more features to my modules of v2 that writing new for v3 . we can make a deal , blesta adjust and enrich the core files, and we make a and release new plugins and free (yes is free) ...

P.S - I LOVE BLESTA :wub:

;)

I totally Agree with you @Naja7host and @Paulov , Domain management is an important core feature, currently having some trouble on domains renewal and management as well. I would love to see the Domain manager done

@Licensecart , I would love to have the mass mailer, and It's one of the things I miss from my previous Billing system. But that can wait, the domain manager is very important for web hosting business. I sell domains 3x more than I sell hosting, managing/transferring/renewing is pain

I want to just say about mass mailer.We can use other plugins and When WxxxS start mass mailing after 3+ year.But Domain management from Beginning.

As Web Hosting Billing you need 1st Domain Name Management then Web Hosting VPS Server Support.But 1st thing is Domain.because customer buy domain 1st then Web Hosting.

Thank you

totally agree with Paulov domain management refraction should be priority just like the other features of blesta in my opinion i dont mean domain management should be in the top of the list of course not, i believe in balance, so i think blesta should be balance and work good features or improve some at the same time including domain management.

pd: im webhoster but currently using whm... yet :(

Domain Management is a big priority, it's also a big feature. The new domain management is large enough to basically require its own full release, and then some. Since we have quite a few high priority items, and since some of them are much quicker to implement, we are trying to knock those out of the way so we can put our full efforts into domains.

Fair enough you three want them to spend all their time on a stupid domain manager when they could do two or improve other modules for a release.

3.x -> Just one thing.. instead of this and that.

@Licensecart

There is more 5 or 6 Blesta clients that really want the Domain Managment asap, not counting for people that give up Blesta and people that dont care about blesta because its missing one or two features like Domain Managment

Dont get me rong, but you are being "naughty", because you are only thinking on yourself and not for the greater good :)

Blesta is the only one on the market that dosent fully support Domain Managment, isint this enought proof? in the outher day I come across this post:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1440429

Now I wonder, why the hell people dont ask for Blesta? is because "Mass mailler"?? think again ;)

2015 will be a war of Titans ClientExec improvments, WHMCS new Redisign, WHSuite new Gammer with full Mobile Ready in Client and Admin side, Hostbill (this one make me laugh big time because prices and politics).

So who will win in 2015? I really hope it will be Blesta, and I will do my part to that happend :)

@Paul

Yes I know it will take to much time, but if you realise, if you start nobody cant stop you. Ask us for ideas and solutions all of us will help, and it will be more easy to implement.

My biggest consern is that this plugin should be on Blesta 3 since the begining, and the later you start, the more problems will get wen its finish because it will "mess" with all registrar modules, Order Templates, Client Area, Admin Area and much more :)

P.S- @Paul + @Licensecart No time to stress now, lets all get a drink and after some days lets get our hands dirty ;)

Thing is Paulov, I'm not thinking about myself, I don't need anything more I sell licenses, but people prefer improvements per version than spending a whole version on just one thing for other people to complain about other things. People need to realise it takes a lot of time to rewrite a system. Blesta aren't just going to make the domain manager just work as it should but making it much better and expandable than rushing it out.

I bet any money that if Blesta started on just the Domain manager for a version, people would be going... why is this taking so long to get this and that out or why is this version just a plugin... When Blesta was working on other things, people kept complaining about Pro-Rota. 

As for that thread, where does it mention domain manager? You can sell domains...

People were complaining about pro-rata because spending time with auditors or quite possibly spending a few months in a cold cell isn't exactly the same as not being able to register a domain.

EU is a hellhole for invoicing/transactions. Electronic invoices need to be authenticated (yes, signed with a certificate), not only generated as a PDF. We are looking the other way for now on that, even though the law said all businesses need to implement it by January 1st 2013. "The billing solution we are currently using doesn't implement the signage just yet" isn't a solution that will fly for ever though.

EU's new VAT law (in effect as of the day after tomorrow, January 1st 2015, VERY few know that) mandates that VAT must be payed in each customer's country, for electronic services (yes that means all of you webhosters). That means keeping track of VAT rates across the EU, and charging clients accordingly. Even *before* the client enters his/her billing address.

My recommendation is to focus more on the business side (keeping track of required legislation and things needed to be done to be inline with it) than to focus on "features".

Please, don't get this post wrong. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just saying that there are far more important things that need to be done first.

@Licensecart: No comments only after 2015 :P

@mitsos: No stress ;) for signed pdf invoices its easy to implement (we have aalready implemented in the past on whmcs and on blesta is the same method). I will make a plugin for this :)

For diferent vat for each country, you can implement that now, blesta support this in full. The only thing you have to do is dont charge vat to eu companies and non eu reside ts/companies this can be made with a simple vat number check on registration form ;)

Fair enough you three want them to spend all their time on a stupid domain manager when they could do two or improve other modules for a release.

3.x -> Just one thing.. instead of this and that.

are you know

stupid domain manager = more clients = more benificts , more money .....

if you have in v2 , and blesta has asked what you select in the new v3

mass mailer plugin ?

modules for licences ?

if you can sell licences with just mass mailer plugin , we will also try to sell domains with mass mailer plugin .

and please , remember you are just a blesta user like us , interested is some request and not for others , as i see you re the only here that don't want the domain manager .

the domain manager + hosting is our core work , and we will not stop to ask blesta do it . and if wehave a good domain management why we will ask improuvement of it ?!!!!

@blesta , as paulov say, is better to do it now , as other can move thier domains in the new system (auto or manually if there are just some) , in v2 it was big probleme to import domains to v3 (logicbox modules) it should to change all the domains in database to work , in my case over 6000 domain is something creazy to change 1 by 1 , and i have spent hours and days searching a way to do it auto , finnaly i have arrivd to it and putet the module free for others .