Coupon Code - Lack Of Term Configurations

CyberHour

Question

Hey folks,

Currently I'm somehow affected (i'm a bit angry so please excuse me) but for us is a big issue to can't limit an coupon based on term.

What we're doing now when we start a promotion :

1) Creating an coupon code e.g -30% OFF
2) Announcing that this code is only for orders e.g 3++ months period
3) Praying to all known and unknown Gods and Animals,  that no-one will use the coupon code and order only for one month!!

Only for the past week we have 8 orders for which was used a coupon code that SHOULD be applied only in 3 or more months subscription.

So for only one week we are in lose of over €200. Not to mention what are our loses from day 1 .

Even the most cheap and crap billing software (inclouding Boxbilling) has this feature.

Not to mention the lack of an affiliate module (so important in the Hosting industry) after so much promises and delays, still nothing. It should be in the top 10 in the list for the next version and not for 2017+ one. We got some 3rd party solution but comeon really!?

After all, we decide to go with Blesta (and move away from other commercial crap) for many reasons, but losing income is not one of them!

This was requested back in 2014 from all your active members!

The only solution I'm aware is to create a separate "3 months" term package and configure the coupon to apply to it alone. Really ? Can we call it solution?!!

Come on guys, we are doing bussines here or playing PokemonGO ?

Best Regards,
Miros

11 answers to this question

For me, this is not a solution , this is unserious excuse 

We are not selling software, we are hosting provider and as such we have lot of abusers.

We cant provide one month discount offers for e.g -30% /  50% or recurring deals, because if we do so, abusers will order an VPS for less, start using our servers for SPAM purpose and then of course run away. 

"You do what your system allows you or what you can do"

I believe that the system and any system should do what I pay off and not what it allows me to do. 

P.S: You have requested this back in 2013 .. 

For me, this is not a solution , this is unserious excuse 

We are not selling software, we are hosting provider and as such we have lot of abusers.

We cant provide one month discount offers for e.g -30% /  50% or recurring deals, because if we do so, abusers will order an VPS for less, start using our servers for SPAM purpose and then of course run away. 

"You do what your system allows you or what you can do"

I believe that the system and any system should do what I pay off and not what it allows me to do. 

P.S: You have requested this back in 2013 .. 

If you aren't happy why did you buy it? There was a trial, and we used it for hosting back in 2013 but then we closed that brand due to consent MySQL issues. Before that 2.5 because I was fed up of updating at 1-3am. Yes but it's not something everyone needs / wants, just the odd few, everyone is moaning about a mass mailer / domain system, both coming shortly. They aren't supermen.

"If you aren't happy why did you buy it? There was a trial"

Now this is an professional reply ... There is no way to find out all lacks of Blesta during trial period .. not to say that is almost impossible to figure what is wrong with a system that you don't test in public.  Who can image that a premium billing system will lack such option ? 

"Yes but it's not something everyone needs / wants"  - Who don't need it? Everyone who is in the hosting industry using Blesta has request this .

"They aren't supermen." - Of course they are not, but for me this is a bug and as such should be resolved asap. After all there are not any patches for the past 12 months not looks that they are in rush. If the Blesta project is one man party then fine.  And this is not request from today but before 2 years.

" everyone is moaning about a mass mailer" - So you are saying that MASS SPAM is more improtant that fixing this and that. Those who want to spam their users they can do that by extracting the mailing lists through SQL, something We cant do for the coupons or affiliate system. 

Bear with me, but there are more important lacks on blesta that mass spaming. 

we have already talked about this in a lot of threads , blesta should re-think about the hosting market , and adjust the software to be ready for hosting industry .

blesta is 100% adequate to selling softwares, licenses, maybe other things , but it need a huge improvement to be a hosting software solution .

@CyberHour , regarding your issue , you can live with your solution until the staff response to you , they can include a solution in the v4.1 or more , just it need a time and patience .

we miss the combo coupon , as hosting company , sometimes we offer a coupon to get the package X free if you purchase the package Y . as now is not possible to do this with the actual coupon system .

also e miss the option to offer free domain with YY package  .

no one talk me about addons , we are selling hosting and domains not a products .

We need to refactor the coupon system before we can extend the functionality. Having coupons apply to specific terms/periods, and supporting free domains is planned.

Right now, you can create inclusive coupons where you have to buy all of the items listed for the coupon to get the deal. This may not be ideal for domains because domains can belong to multiple packages and have various pricing. But it would work for any other type of package by making the coupon discount the same value of the "free" package.

We don't like Pokemon Go. We are preparing for the Pokemon Go Apocalypse.

We need to refactor the coupon system before we can extend the functionality. Having coupons apply to specific terms/periods, and supporting free domains is planned.

Any chance to see "free domain" feature neerly . I can sponsor it , we are losing money and customers without this .

I havn't the time to look in it or search a custom solution now , really 24 hours is not enough for a 1 day !!!!!

Right now, you can create inclusive coupons where you have to buy all of the items listed for the coupon to get the deal. This may not be ideal for domains because domains can belong to multiple packages and have various pricing. But it would work for any other type of package by making the coupon discount the same value of the "free" package.

We don't like Pokemon Go. We are preparing for the Pokemon Go Apocalypse.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply. As a business we like to talk with numbers.

So saying "We need to refactor the coupon system before we can extend the functionality" means nothing to me. Can you please be more accurate?

Thank you.

Hello Paul,

So saying "We need to refactor the coupon system before we can extend the functionality" means nothing to me. Can you please be more accurate?

Thank you.

i suppose the refactor can't be done before 4.1 v .

Hello Paul,

Thank you.

In plain English, they need to rip out the coupon system from Blesta, so you can't do any coupons, and re-build it from scratch to make it 100% more flexible which is what they are doing to the domain system in 4.1 to make it better.